Why did JDS never let loose and throw bombs?

I LoL'd at the sheer comparisson of Junior Dos Santos stiriking ability on par with Vladmir Klitschko.

Because if JDS is Vladmir Klitschko than Cain Velasques is Muhammed Ali.

He would have been easier to time and take down if he did

Who knows. But I think the biggest difference is that Cain started off right away with wrestling and set a fast pace. In the first fight he was content to stand and fought at dos Santos's pace.

I LoL'd at the sheer comparisson of Junior Dos Santos stiriking ability on par with Vladmir Klitschko.

The Klitcshko are 6 foot 8 and 250 pound men that run away from there small shitty opponents , nothing impressive about them at all. JDS has more heart in his pinky finger than those bums

He would have been easier to time and take down if he did

When they were toe to toe he was pretty gun shy, and has not been that way in other fights. I think Cain got to him when he knocked him down and pounded him so hard in round 1.

Cain pressed the takedown hard and often early in the fight. Because of this Junior took a few hard punches early on and got tired defending the takedown and getting hit.

The way Cain was running at JDS at the first i was hoping JDS would have went for a TD at first and the way cain was fighting i think he would have got it and maybe the fight would have been different

This fight did not go anywhere near how I thought. From the looks of it jds Was gassed as hell about 90 seconds into the fight. Idk who the fuck he thought he was showing up in that shape but his head obviously got to big to fit in camp. He has never looked so tired that early in a fight. He beat big country from pillar to post and never looked as gassed as he was from defending the early takedowns in round one.

James Toney looked like the shittiest boxer in the world against Randy Couture. Kind of hard to judge a guy on pure boxing in an MMA fight.

This fight did not go anywhere near how I thought. From the looks of it jds Was gassed as hell about 90 seconds into the fight. Idk who the fuck he thought he was showing up in that shape but his head obviously got to big to fit in camp. He has never looked so tired that early in a fight. He beat big country from pillar to post and never looked as gassed as he was from defending the early takedowns in round one.

You're comparing the pace Roy Nelson puts on to that of Cain and reading too much into things. When Cain is coming at you non-stop and making you defend takedowns and strikes like a hurricane, you're going to gas out quickly. Cain put money in the bank early and wore JDS down. That's what he does.

Imagine a big tough striker with the ability to grab and throw you to the ground coming at you faster than you can back step, where as you feel confident in only knocking him out. You'll punch as much as jds did, weakly stepping backward in between Cain's punching and grabbing attempts and you'll be losing quickly on the score cards.

JDS didn't gas during the Big Country fight?

He gassed so early against Cain because Cain was beating his ass in the first round.

You're comparing the pace Roy Nelson puts on to that of Cain and reading too much into things. When Cain is coming at you non-stop and making you defend takedowns and strikes like a hurricane, you're going to gas out quickly. Cain put money in the bank early and wore JDS down. That's what he does.
I can somewhat agree with that I suppose but I suspect his conditioning could have at least been a factor in the fight being a washout.

In both fights, the winner did better than they would normally do and the loser did worse than they would normally do.

Absolutely do not agree with the bolded part. Maybe the second half, but absolutely not the bolded part.

i believe he said he was worried about cains takedowns and grappling. it also does not help that you are gassed and are getting punched in the face by a 250 pound man

Yeah well said that says it all.

JDS didn't gas during the Big Country fight?

He gassed so early against Cain because Cain was beating his ass in the first round.
exactly my point. He looked fresh after throwing bombs at big country whole fight.

OP,

Thank you for using the word "loose" correctly in your thread title.

Have a great new year's.

What you saw was a concussed fighter just operating on autopilot. The big right hand put JDS's brain on sleep mode and he didn't start to wake up until the 4th round. Not to mention the fact that JDS has had nothing but smooth sailing in the UFC - the guy has basically won every minute of every fight, and it's pretty obvious that he started to believe he was invincible. So I'm sure that getting pounded like he did in the first had his head reeling (concussion aside), and he was lost and confused. The real test is how he bounces back from this.

JDS won the first fight with a big right hand. Cain took the second with the big right hand. If JDS can win a couple fights in a row in impressive fashion, this sets up quite the trilogy. This has the makings of the most noteworthy and compelling storyline that the UFC heavyweight division has had to date.

Back