Why did it seem like Gastelum was in cruise control in his last fight?

Destino2018

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I understand it was between two south paws so maybe he wasn’t used to it since it’s such a rare matchup but damn he got neutralized in every aspect and he didn’t seem like he had any urgency to get in a get some hits in. Like he has a chin on him and instead of taking advantage of that and his power, he just was kinda just running out the clock until it was over. Hope he makes adjustments his next fight.

gorilla.PNG

Because the other guy looked liked this ^ Kelvin was shook

Seems like he thought he was winning the fight by moving forward

Till basically kept him away, he came with a game plan which if you watch the fight when Gastelum was coming in to unleash he would stop him with the clinch alongside of smashing the shit out of his leg.

All credit to Till to be honest because he found a game plan, stuck with and it worked.

I think it's just the "small man syndrome" when fighting a taller man who's being very defensive.
Till played a very boring but logical & safe game, it was not his fight to lose but Kelvin's.
Kelvin should have been much more aggressive considering Till had been KOed recently.
But I understand the difficulty. Against a taller Muay Thai style fighter. Very difficult to hit in the face from below.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back