Why did I just have to fill out a catchpa when going to the heavies?

I'm getting this about every half hour and it doesn't matter which section of the website I'm on. It's happening on PC and iPhone. Chrome and Brave browsers are affected.

Oh thanks god.
I thought it was just me.
I get them regularly, like a bad headache.
I thought it was a problem on my end browser/VPN or other.

Until they fix this, no need to fill out the captcha, just refresh.

Oh thanks god.
I thought it was just me.
I get them regularly, like a bad headache.
I thought it was a problem on my end browser/VPN or other.
Yeah, whenever something like that happens the first thing I worry about is what if it's just me? Did I get a virus or something? The other day I checked here but didn't see any threads on it yet and at that moment I didn't have time to do a proper job of creating a thread myself. Fortunately, it wasn't too long after that before I heard of someone else have the same experience and felt confident it wasn't at my end.

Reactions: lsa
Yeah, whenever something like that happens the first thing I worry about is what if it's just me? Did I get a virus or something? The other day I checked here but didn't see any threads on it yet and at that moment I didn't have time to do a proper job of creating a thread myself. Fortunately, it wasn't too long after that before I heard of someone else have the same experience and felt confident it wasn't at my end.

Has it gotten worse?
Personally it was really bad for me yesterday.
Happened a lot more than usual.

I feel like Sherdog does not trust us :(
The site is out to get us.
And we are so nice and all.

I hate captcha. Some of the pictures are difficult to interpret and it feels like a waste of time.

A week later, all I can say is that we're still working on it. We went through some things on the backend side, and this is a side effect.

I think it's resolved. If anyone encounters this captcha again, PM me and I'll try to get it taken care of PDQ.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001992652-Using-Privacy-Pass-with-Cloudflare
Overview
Privacy Pass is a Chrome and Firefox browser extension that provides a better visitor experience for Cloudflare-protected websites. For instance, a visitor IP address with poor reputation may receive a Cloudflare captcha page before gaining access to a Cloudflare-protected website. After a single captcha page is solved, Privacy Pass generates tokens for use with Cloudflare websites to prevent frequent captcha. Privacy Pass generates 30 tokens for each solved captcha.

Privacy Pass allows a user to bypass CAPTCHAs. To help mitigate malicious usage of this, we automatically disable Privacy Pass anytime a domain is placed into "I'm Under Attack!" mode. A few key points you need to keep in mind when enabling the "I'm Under Attack!" mode:

1. When "I'm Under Attack!" mode is enabled on a domain, then Privacy Pass is disabled.
  2. When "I'm Under Attack!" mode is disabled on a domain, then Privacy Pass is re-enabled if it was enabled before "I'm Under Attack!" mode was turned on.
  3. If Privacy Pass was disabled before "I'm Under Attack!" mode is turned on, it does not get enabled when "I'm Under Attack!" mode is turned off.
  4. Privacy Pass cannot be enabled while "I'm Under Attack!" mode is turned on.
Privacy Pass is helpful for visitors from shared networks, VPNs and Tor that tend to have poorer IP reputations. Enable Privacy Pass Support via the Cloudflare Firewall app under the Settings tab. Download the Privacy Pass extension for either Google Chrome or Firefox:

The extensions available only for desktop browsers. We have it enabled on this site. If you do get hit with a captcha here, copy the ray id so we can track down what caused it.

Back