Why did GGG walk out ?

which is was not

yall-got-any-more-of-those-welterweights-ggg-lol-halarious-7101050.png
Considering the 115-113 scores and the 12th to Canelo...

I wouldn't be "gracious" either if i'd gotten robbed 2 fights in a row from the same scummy fuckers.

first fight ranged from a slight win to GGG to a draw. Wasn't unusual that a draw happened, GGG looked to have edged it to me but wasn't clear cut. This time was even tighter. Each time was clearly not a robbery. The only robbery was that one scorecard in the first fight but the end result was in the range of acceptable.

Can't remember the last time a challenger got a decision like that tho

All I can do is like post wtf why can't I quote anybody all of the sudden

@Marc A you know I'm a GGG hugger and you roll with Mexico all day, but I love your threads b/c there's always at least one awesome pic/gif that makes its way in no matter what the subject matter is.

Take notes, kids, that's how you post.

I think GGG was pissed and stormed out. Cotto did the same thing against Trout, it happens sometimes. Remember this was his first loss ever in the pros and he only lost a handful of ammy fights out of several hundred bouts.

He's not used to losing. He's ultra competitive [like all the top fighters are to get to where they're at they have to be.] and taking that first L in literally probably over 12 years since he debuted in the pros. It's not the classy move, it's salty and petty, as a big fan of his I'd rather he'd be classy about it.

But I understand his jimmies being rustled given the reasons I just noted and the fact that the fight was so close, both were, and he got a draw and a loss in fights many ppl thought he won, probably he himself did as well. I also agree if Canelo was in GGG's place ppl would be all over him so it's not really fair but I think more fans would expect Canelo to do something like that whereas it was a bit surprising to see GGG skip out of there like he did considering he's been known as such a class act in the past.

@Poirierfan Neither of the fights were robberies. Stop whining.

Wait, he was saying that after the 2nd fight? I thought he was in front of GG and walked him down all night.
https://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-on-canelo-proper-great-mexican-style--131879

“I really didn’t think that was a proper, great Mexican boxing style,” Golovkin said. “Yes, he wasn’t running away from me or running around, but that doesn’t mean that he won this fight. He didn’t do anything special.”

He was pissed. He said that he thought he won but wouldn't dispute the decision. I get it, it's hard to get the decision against the money fighter, and htis was a close fight that could have gone either way. Still, Canelo won this one IMO, though I had GGG winning hte first.

2012/2013 GGG takes it though IMO, but that's not the discussion.

It's simple, he wasn't gracious enough to be a professional and showed his true colors.
Surprised people arent making more out of this. If it was Canelo, imagine the shitstorm of comments about it.
Look at this fucking retard, durr de durr

Look at this fucking retard, durr de durr
He's right. In big fights like this, the fighters are interviewed in the ring. I called Cotto on it when he did the same thing and I'm a huge Cotto fan.

Because he's a sore loser. He was talking after the fight about how Canelo didn't fight "true mexican style."

Translation- "I couldn't adjust to Canelo's boxing and blame it on him instead for not fighting in a way that suits my style better. "
I hate this excuse, it's such a cop out and such bullshit. You can't get mad at your opponent for fighting a certain way, if you want him to do a certain thing it's up to you to make him do it.
Poor sportsmanship from ggg, now we all know he's a crybaby and a sore loser when he doesn't get his way

They were fighting at Vegas under Canelo rules and rules/terms should be obvious for GGG from first fight. Even Floyd got split win, after his absolutely dominant performance against Canelo.

They were fighting at Vegas under Canelo rules and rules/terms should be obvious for GGG from first fight. Even Floyd got split win, after his absolutely dominant performance against Canelo.
What are "Canelo Rules"? Please educate us.

What are "Canelo Rules"? Please educate us.

Close fights usually go to the guy who is fighting front of his home crowd. My point is GGG didn't do enough to secure the win under this circumstance, so all the complain about robbery is pretty much pointless.

First up I wanted GGG to win. BUT:

1- GGG signed up for the fight and agreed Vegas

2- GGG team had fair judges even his team say that

3- if he suspected a bad points decision he should have done more in the ring

4- after GGG/Canelo 1 i disliked canelo's reaction...for this fight GGG walking off was unprofessional and disrespectful

5- great fight, great fighters...but i am now not a fan of both personalities.

I know GGG talks about respect for boxing being a professional but he walked out.

to be honest I am a bit perplexed since he is usually humble

His response:

Abel: "We knew we had fair judges for this fight."

GGG on what his fight strategy would be for Trilogy: Not fight in Vegas

Abel says GGG took rounds off even though he kept telling him for more work.

He had won both fights and the second decision was more corrupt and ludicrous than the first. Totally questions the integrity of boxing for everyone watching

It's simple, he wasn't gracious enough to be a professional and showed his true colors.
Surprised people arent making more out of this. If it was Canelo, imagine the shitstorm of comments about it.

True colors? Come on now. He lost the biggest fight of his career. The true color statement is only plausible, if GGG displayed previous instances of acting like this with the majority thinking he hasn't. IE brought into the nice guy persona.

He was emotional. Boxing fans are mostly shitheads, he doesn't owe them or the TV company an interview at the end if he isn't feeling it, and doesn't owe it to Canelo either.

Back