Why did Derek Brunson Scream?

Because he gets to keep his job. That's what a lot of these figthers are doing now. They are forging the actual fight, and seeking to win decisions, and keep their seat at the table.

I've always said that if you change the rules even slightly to stop rewarding the takedown, then half of these types would be gone from the UFC.

You can think Jeff Blatnick for the current takedown rules. he haunts us from beyond the grave./

Brunson had a bad year

He had an 8 day training camp for Leben who had an 8 week camp.
Showtime didn't let him be on TUF
Got beat by Souza in 50 seconds
Got robbed against Grove

He thought he won the fight in glorious fashion, hence Leben's WTF look afterwards.

There was thread earlier about some Brunson shoops but the pics where lost. I want em here.

Brunson had a bad year

He had an 8 day training camp for Leben who had an 8 week camp.
Showtime didn't let him be on TUF
Got beat by Souza in 50 seconds
Got robbed against Grove

That is really some bad year. Damn he is lucky he was gifted that DEC.

The Judges may have felt sadness considering he took the fight in 8days notice.

He won his UFC debut when everyone thought he'd get KO'd? He was even better in the standup than Leben. Joe was so mad that his bf lost...

I don't know if there are any other fighters from Wilmington, NC in the UFC - he might be the first. So for a kid from Wilmington to make his UFC debut against Chris Leben with an 8 day training camp, then to win, was a great moment for him.

He couldn't stand watching lebens sloppy punches wiz by his face so he was super stoked that crap fight was over

Um because he just won his UFC debut fighting on a weeks notice, on the PPV main card against Chris Leben.

gifted a decision? Are you retarded? Leben literally did nothing the entire fight. Leben is so awful that he got out struck by Derek Brunson.

gifted a decision? Are you retarded? Leben literally did nothing the entire fight. Leben is so awful that he got out struck by Derek Brunson.

Don't call me a retard son of a bitch

because he beat a higher ranked Leben in his UFC debut, on 8 days notice, had a horrible year prior, cemented his job for a year, biggest win of his career, and didn't get KTFO

because he beat a higher ranked Leben in his UFC debut, on 8 days notice, had a horrible year prior, cemented his job for a year, biggest win of his career, and didn't get KTFO

Well Props to him to bad UFC always keep requesting fighters to fight in very short Notice to many cancelations I guess.

Leben made Brunson look like Anderson Silva in that fight. Brunson was dodging everything. Leben is bad.

Leben made Brunson look like Anderson Silva in that fight. Brunson was dodging everything. Leben is bad.

Brunson did not look like Anderson last night.
Brunson was slightly better then a terrible Leben.

But I still think Leben land the more effective strikes hence why I think leben should have won that fight. The only similarities between brunson and Anderson is they are both Black. Brunson has the potential a great Caliburn of a Wrestler. But he should have lost the tight

Well Props to him to bad UFC always keep requesting fighters to fight in very short Notice to many cancelations I guess.

This is what you get when you expect fighters show up without any notice. On the roundtable podcast, they said that Brunson literally got the call to fight Leben about week after he'd gone back to Albuquerque to start training again. Before that, he was back home in North Carolina working his regular job. Dude was totally out of shape. Despite that and his jab and job strategy, he still outlanded Leben two to one. Leben also shares the blame for what went on in the cage. That dude looked like a walking corpse.

Zuffa had no business putting that shit on the main card. Dana admitted as much in the post fight press conference.

But I still think Leben land the more effective strikes hence why I think leben should have won that fight. The only similarities between brunson and Anderson is they are both Black. Brunson has the potential a great Caliburn of a Wrestler. But he should have lost the tight

Not when he got outlanded so badly and he didn't really hurt his opponent. I don't even know how you can call Leben's shots more effective. Brunson whipped Leben's head back plenty of times.

Seriously dude, Leben did jackshit in that fight against a guy that he would have easily KO'd a couple of years ago.

I don't even like leben That Man acted like a brat in TUF then cried like a spoiled brat.

This is what you get when you expect fighters show up without any notice. On the roundtable podcast, they said that Brunson literally got the call to fight Leben about week after he'd gone back to Albuquerque to start training again. Before that, he was back home in North Carolina working his regular job. Dude was totally out of shape. Despite that and his jab and job strategy, he still outlanded Leben two to one. Leben also shares the blame for what went on in the cage. That dude looked like a walking corpse.

Zuffa had no business putting that shit on the main card. Dana admitted as much in the post fight press conference.

Some people are even asking why on earth Leben fights in the UFC.

Back