Why did Dana tell us about Brock's plea for Pat's retirement?

Dana has to keep that he is friends with Brock in the media

Wolf tickets. He needs Brock's name to resurface badly in wake of the terrible card sales. On top of that, IMO the deal with Fox is gonna full through here shortly. I mean, last night Fox Sports 1 chose to show a shitty baseball game that was 7-0 in the 9th inning over the fights, that just shows you how bad the numbers have been.

Dana saying Pat should retire doesn't hurt his marketability. Pat getting KOed all the time hurts his marketability.

Wolf tickets. He needs Brock's name to resurface badly in wake of the terrible card sales. On top of that, IMO the deal with Fox is gonna full through here shortly. I mean, last night Fox Sports 1 chose to show a shitty baseball game that was 7-0 in the 9th inning over the fights, that just shows you how bad the numbers have been.
You know fox is obligated to show the game in it's entirety. They also didn't run it over any fights. If UFC ran long it would run over whatever is in the next time slot as well. FOX has deals with the MLB it has to honor as well, fucking moron.

Dana likes being the centre of attention. He likes to be surrounded by wide-eyed journalists feeding off every word like infacts suckling on his proverbial teats.

This

You know fox is obligated to show the game in it's entirety. They also didn't run it over any fights. If UFC ran long it would run over whatever is in the next time slot as well. FOX has deals with the MLB it has to honor as well, fucking moron.

Just like Fox and CBS have to show the entirety of blowout football games instead of switching over to a better game. Pretty annoying but thats how it is.

I care about knowing the secret shit. Had Dana not told us that, we would not have known the info. I dont care if it would hurt a fighter. They make more then i do anyways. Stop bitchin.

Not a fan of Dana throwing fighters under the bus unless they really deserve it. However in this case I'm not really comfortable with Pat continuing to fight. I genuinely love the guy and it kills me to see him brutally KOed like that. I have no idea what he will do for money if he can't fight, but I can't believe that being brain damaged is a good thing.

Cause dana can't force him so maybe he's hoping that public opinion can sway pat?

I don't see something like that something major enough to say or not to say.
Just something Brock said.
I didn't see the scrum about it , Was dana asked something about Brock or Barry ?

The opinions of the president of the UFC and of a former heavyweight champion are going to carry weight.

If Pat really needs the money and is going to continue fighting, well, Dana just made that harder for him. A lot of people are going to hear that people close to him think he has to retire; it will make him less marketable and less attractive to sponsors.

Well, a lot of people think that is the ethical thing. Barry shouldn't be fighting. It's short term thinking to think otherwise.

Why do some people have issues with the encouragement of Pat Barry's retirement? And why the flying fish do they believe that Barry is marketable despite being a reputed sufferer of chronic in-ring narcolepsy?

Why do some people have issues with the encouragement of Pat Barry's retirement? And why the flying fish do they believe that Barry is marketable despite being a reputed sufferer of chronic in-ring narcolepsy?

I don't, Barry wasn't that good and he was getting knocked out a lot. However, if Brock came to Dana man to man and asked him to retire Pat, that is something that should have stayed between the three of them

Back