Why did Dana tell us about Brock's plea for Pat's retirement?

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Much respect to Brock for looking out for his friend, but why did Dana share this information with the world?

jbez6OJhQTjZxF.jpg

Not only is it intensely private, but it can and probably will effect Pat's professional standing and possibly his relationship with his sponsors... "Pat's so good his friends are begging for his retirement." I'm sure that will do wonders for his marketability.

jTX8F9gnovZR6.jpg

Some people love Dana for his straight talking, but personally, I think he simply doesn't have any filters, or is flat out malicious.

Dana has done a lot for MMA over the years, but I wish he could do it quietly, behind the scenes; every time he opens his mouth I cringe.

Usually an angle of some kind. What are you at, Dana?

Lose weight or stop fighting IMO Pat is too small and lacks a chin to hang with heavy hitting HW's.

Dana likes being the centre of attention. He likes to be surrounded by wide-eyed journalists feeding off every word like infacts suckling on his proverbial teats.

Dana gives two fucks what you think

119x8w1.gif

Well like Dana said he can't force Pat to retire, what he can do is share that information and word will get around. Statements from Dana and Brock Lesnar get attention, and it makes Dana Look like he cares about a fighters safety.

Why did Loiosh make a new thread about this, instead of asking this question in the thread on the same subject, that's also on the first page? No one knows.

link to scrum video?

Why is Brock's opinion so damn important to keep private? It's pretty obvious to anyone that follows combat sports that Barry is just putting himself in danger if he keeps fighting. Its not like Dana released confidential medical records.

Some people love Dana for his straight talking, but personally, I think he simply doesn't have any filters, or is flat out malicious.

Dana has done a lot for MMA over the years, but I wish he could do it quietly, behind the scenes; every time he opens his mouth I cringe.

You want some things to be hidden??? Fuck that noise.

More transparency is better.

What was the question that preceded these comments?

Maybe because that's in itself a way to reach out to Barry? Though I doubt he was thinking that far ahead

Why is Brock's opinion so damn important to keep private? It's pretty obvious to anyone that follows combat sports that Barry is just putting himself in danger if he keeps fighting. Its not like Dana released confidential medical records.

The opinions of the president of the UFC and of a former heavyweight champion are going to carry weight.

If Pat really needs the money and is going to continue fighting, well, Dana just made that harder for him. A lot of people are going to hear that people close to him think he has to retire; it will make him less marketable and less attractive to sponsors.

If Pat really needs the money and is going to continue fighting, well, Dana just made that harder for him.

I'm not sure what his Glory contract looks like, but this is exactly what I thought

Much respect to Brock for looking out for his friend, but why did Dana share this information with the world?

jbez6OJhQTjZxF.jpg

Not only is it intensely private, but it can and probably will effect Pat's professional standing and possibly his relationship with his sponsors... "Pat's so good his friends are begging for his retirement." I'm sure that will do wonders for his marketability.

jTX8F9gnovZR6.jpg

Dana Stopped giving a F*** about Pat the second he stopped being a Zuffa employee and joined Glory.

Now he attacks him because (in Dana's view), he's competition.
Son in this case, he is flat out malicious.

Back