Why did Corey Anderson leave the UFC?

He collapsed and fell over in the woods and ended up looking like a Klingon.

63fd889cf07f4dfeb31ef69b4e0ded4a_md.jpg
oh man i knew that bruise wasn't done on the spot by Jan, if him carrying major power

<JagsKiddingMe>
I made a Masvidal thread at the start of July, which is 4 months ago.

I barely remember what I had for dinner three days ago, so you having recollection of this shows how invested you are in strangers on the internet, which I think is pretty cute.

Would you like an autograph? I’d be happy to serve my fans.

My bad, the most recent reply was sooner than 3 weeks ago. I guess people can't resist to stop by and take the bait :)

Bellator will pay him more and he could become their champ.

Here you go ts.

When Corey Anderson beat Glover, and his few fights leading up to it, Dana called him boring and said things like “we don’t need another guy like that”. Imo, not really his place. But Dana said more or less that he would never get a title shot fighting like that. So Corey comes out against Johnny walker, and fucking bodies the dude. Big finish, big card. Everyone was counting Corey out of this fight and the hype behind Johnny was massive, and Corey ruined Dana’s parade. He celebrated way too much in the octagon, and Dana white called him unprofessional etc...

So he adjusted his game to cooperate, and Dana still put the kid on blast. Then of course, he got absolutely smashed by Jan, likely fighting the way that he knew was more risky to appeal to the ufc, and guess who wasn’t going to throw him any bones? The ufc lol.

It’s been an ongoing thing for years. It just wasn’t a good relationship.
Cheers bud, I guess I must've missed that. I randomly saw a promo for Anderson fighting Manhoef in Bellator from earlier this year and got really confused lol

This was a no brainer win win for both parties, he was released from his contract to go and get what he thought he’s worth, UFC got rid of a disgruntled employee who was worthy of headlining fight night events, but realistically wasn’t worth the squeeze. Cory will be more appreciated with Bellator, they will treat and pay him what he’s worth talentwise, regardless of his grinding grappling approach to fights. He wasn’t going to become a contender in the UFC because most of his wins are very Fitchlike, as we’ve seen with Blaydes they aren’t giving TS’s off of boring grappling clinics without a finish.

Yeah not disputing that. Imo the UFC shouldnt even care how a fighters acts in interviews, if he still follows his contract. Again thats just Dana taking everything personal and trying to strong arm fighters out of the company for speaking up. Corey isnt the first example of this and wont be the last. And because Corey isnt the most liked guy in the world, they even find a lot of fans who agree.
I don't think the UFC strong-armed Corey Anderson into leaving though. After he collapsed in the woods and almost died he reassessed his future and his family's future. He had an opportunity to go to Bellator for more money and the UFC accommodated him.

Back