Why did Clay Guida run away from LW?

tenniswhiz

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
He's a solid FW. I think that weight cut takes something out of him. Either that, or FW is a much tougher division than LW, I don't know.

But why did he leave LW? I thought he was a pretty good fighter at LW.

Is it because he knew he couldn't hang with tough, champ-level fighters like Rafael dos Anjos and Anthony Pettis?

I believe he said he liked the idea of being the bigger guy for once.

His style seems better suited to 145. The dudes at 155 he was not going to take down unless they were mid tier at best or basically let him like Pettis did. His wrestling was pretty irrelevant at 55 aside from the Pettis fight..

He's a solid FW. I think that weight cut takes something out of him. Either that, or FW is a much tougher division than LW, I don't know.

But why did he leave LW? I thought he was a pretty good fighter at LW.

Is it because he knew he couldn't hang with tough, champ-level fighters like Rafael dos Anjos and Anthony Pettis?

Solid troll job listing two Champs he beat.

Why would he have to hang with Pettis or RDA when he already beat them?

lol he beat both pettis and rda even broke his jaw

Perhaps because he still has nightmares about Gray Maynard.

Maynard-vs-Guida-knees-guillotine-running.gif

Clay Guida has beaten the last to LW Champs in decisive fashion. Clay Guida is officially the lightweight GOAT.

1009.jpg

FW is not a tougher division than LW

Are people really taking TS's last statement seriously?

I wish he'd run from the UFC completely. He's the most annoying fighter in history. He bounces around in and out looking really busy and active but he's not actually doing anything other than bouncing around like a twat!!! He literally hugs his way to victory and the only entertaining fights he has are the ones he loses!!!

FW is not a tougher division than LW

LOL. Guida contender at lw, not even top ten at FW. Frankie Edgar champion at lw, just contender at FW. Pearson drops to fw and gets knocked the fuck out, goes back to lw and goes on a streak. Siver way more successful at lw than fw. Lots of UFC lw's dropped down to FW after it was added but none of them have seen the kind of success fighters who drop down usually achieve. There's no Maia's or Boetsch's or Cormier who came down and ran through half the division. Still FW champ Aldo. Contenders like Mendes, Lamas, Holloway, McGregor. Swanson. All came up FWs. All tore through any UFC lw put in front of them.

Featherweight is way tougher that lightweight is. Aldo could have taken the belt of Edgar any time. Same thing with Pettis and most likely Bendo and RDA as well.

Why did you switch over to trolling around 20,000 posts?

Any fighter around those weights would go to the McGregor division if they were smart.

I think getting handled by Benson was pretty convincing for him

Just wasn't consistent with wins that's all. I'm sure he'll return eventually

Because he thought it would be easier to lay'n'pray on smaller men

Back