Why did Charles take this fight?

I think Charles deserves this win. He's gone through the UFC grind to earn this spot. MMA gods don't care much about "deserves" though

Should he have went for the other lightweight title instead?

Fighters need to feckin fight.

I think he sees the writing on the wall. The UFC isn't going to put the marketing machine behind him, but if he can go in and get the title he's undeniable.

This is literally the worst matchup in the top 5 for him and Chandlers best matchup in the top 5

I'm kind of bewildered by it. Does anyone even think Charles is a lock?

For sure he has a chance but I'm pretty surprised Chandler is the fave
You think the UFC is sitting around making charles oliveira a title priority? Lol if he passed on it, he would have been treated like tony. Look how Dana is treating Rob who is a former champion.

Well fuck me

I didn't realize it was for the belt

Wait, this is for a title?

I'm in the same boat didn't realize it was for the belt

For some reason I thought the winner would face winner of Dustin/Conor for the belt

I'm in the same boat didn't realize it was for the belt

For some reason I thought the winner would face winner of Dustin/Conor for the belt
Don't mean to leave you all alone out there in "Casualville" But I was being facetious. I knew it was for a title.<Grimes01>

This is literally the worst matchup in the top 5 for him and Chandlers best matchup in the top 5

Charles has waited a long time and has EARNED this shot.

Everyone in the top 5 is dangerous and there are no "locks" now that Khabib has departed.

Only Dustin has the nerve to duck a title shot.

So Oliviera shouldn't have taken it because he isn't a lock?
Also, you are surprised Chandler is the favorite?

I can't make heads or tails of this OP.

Why would he have a better chance against Poirier who just KOd Conor the so called elite MMA striker? Chandler is largely untested in ufc and Oliveira has a win over Will Brooks the guy who beat Chandler twice. Chandler can't wrestle Oliveira he would get subd and other than power is the smaller less diverse striker. Chandler could 1 punch him but I don't see how this is such a bad match up. He just has to avoid the power punches imo

Charles will fly kick Chandler and keep the distance with straight strikes. Sub on 3 or 4.

Back