Why did Charles take this fight?

Call me crazy but it seems to me the only advantage Michael has is in the stand-up early in the fight.

I think what will shock everyone is Charles' wrestling. He will get takedowns and dominate. If it stays standing Michael is looking to KO him early and thats a very real possibility

Wait, this is for a title?

I'm Nnoyed by this match cuz I like aloe Vera and dislike Chandler.

I'd rather see aloe Vera fight porier for the belt and think he has a better chance vs him than Chandler
Are you drunk? Chandler might be stronger but Poirier is the better striker. I will agree that I’d rather see Charles fight Dustin. But it is what it is.

Oliveria RIGHTFULLY opened up a -175 favorite over a guy who ran over Dan Hooker ???? in his debut. Lol. Sheep gets wide eyed. Dana knows sheep gets wide eyed cause hes looking for " big fights" .Sheep bets Chsndler snd bronx still holding steady at -135 . I expect it to go down further because of guys like t.s.
It's a beautiful thing .
I dont know how Chandler is " worst match up " .Khabib gone , 2021 Oliveria probably best 155er.

Chandler certainly didnt earn shot but " earn" doesn't figure these days. He beats Charles, I'll tip my hat. Mike s been doing alot of talking while Oliveria has kept quiet after winning a gazillion in a row and has taken role as complete fighter.

Im expecting Charles to take this.

Uh, because it's for the title. How is he as a professional fighter gonna say no to that?

Exactly his been begging for a shot and will be his first headline PPV.

Also the matchup isn't terrible, might not be perfect, but any title fight has risks. Chandler is certainly beatable as shown by his record. A highlight KO of hooker while impressive, hooker was also battered badly by Dustin.

I'm Nnoyed by this match cuz I like aloe Vera and dislike Chandler.

I'd rather see aloe Vera fight porier for the belt and think he has a better chance vs him than Chandler

Poirier turned down the title fight.

You think he would have preferred fighting Khabib for the title? Lol

Chandler is a far easier fight

Sherdog Official Preview has Charles winning.
ODDS: Oliveira (-135), Chandler (+115)

Oliviera is the betting favourite..

Chandler could overwhelm him, but remember he's lost to worse fighters than Oliveira..

Hooker backed up the whole time when he fought Chandler, which gave him the confidence to rush and dominate..

Oliviera is peaking right now, I like both guys a lot, but I feel Oliviera has earned it more, he's been fighting beasts in the UFC for ten years.. he's got a long list of tools he can use to win this fight.

Chandler fades after 2 rounds, Charles has better stamina. All Charles has to do is not get TKO’d within the first 2 rounds and he wins a comfortable decision.
Chandler doesn't fade in round 3 and has had multiple 5 round fights where he finished strong. Charles has never had a 5 round fight and has slowed down more in 3 round fights.
I think Charles wins it. At least he’s not fighting prime Tony/Khabib/Justin

Why would he have a better chance against Poirier who just KOd Conor the so called elite MMA striker? Chandler is largely untested in ufc and Oliveira has a win over Will Brooks the guy who beat Chandler twice. Chandler can't wrestle Oliveira he would get subd and other than power is the smaller less diverse striker. Chandler could 1 punch him but I don't see how this is such a bad match up. He just has to avoid the power punches imo
Chandler wrestled Yamauchi just fine and his submission game is on the same level as Oliveira's. I don't think that will be his main gameplan but he can grapple with Oliveira and get the better of him. Felder did and he isn't nearly as good of a wrestler or grappler as Chandler is.

Lol Oliveira will dominate from the 2nd round onwards. Easy money.

Because it’s for a title. And if you want to be champion, you have to be willing to take on whoever. How is this even a question?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back