Why Dana White says Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm was his best promoted fight

They did nearly zero promotion for UFC 190 and it sold 900k. Methinks Ronda vs Holly would have sold without the marketing muscle of the UFC. Selling a Mighty Mouse ppv ....that would have shown real genius.

I think Dana did a good job promoting the first CM punk fight with the whole looking for a fight stuff.
And having people at Roufusport "vouch" for him.
He got it to a point were at least casual thought he might put up some sort of fight.

Also this:
eDakqUtI005-Pq47gHPdR4RYou-jefklxo-k9QzVEio.gif
When someone posts a Ronda getting KO’d gif it’s an automatic “like” from me.

People say that Conor is the golden boy, but Dana's favorite will always be Ronda. He still puts her over and she has a permanent place in his heart.

Lol all Dana said was headkicks. STFU red goof.

DW/Rogaine/UFC hyped the sh!t out of Rousey. They did help make her a star. They went out in the deep end with the Rousey could beat men stuff.

Holly had her number.

Lmao dude set the fight up because everyone knew Holly would trouble Ronda down the track, they wanted to get her out of the way early.

It backfired completely.

All female double header, both fights considered one-sided walk overs, 56k live gate, 1.1 million ppvs, yep can see where Dana is coming from.
It was in Australia, they were going to it no matter who fighters were.

It was meant to be Condit vs someone at first...i think Robbie?

So Dana can hype people who are already massive PPV-stars? Okay. Seems that the ability to produce new stars would be more laudable but okay.

“When we put together fights, my job, because everyone is going to have an opinion right away saying, ‘This guy is going to win!’ My job is to get you to question who you think is going to win this fight,”

That explains Stipe vs Ngannou.

borat-not-jb.jpg

It was in Australia, they were going to it no matter who fighters were.

It was meant to be Condit vs someone at first...i think Robbie?

Yep Lawler/Condit, fell through in the summer and when they eventually fought at 195 it got 230k PPVs

What does Dana even do besides just shit on fighters and shoot the shit with interviewers sometime? I used to find his personality entertaining and all, but now I just wonder what it is exactly that he does.....not match making, not pr, not fighter development, not anything. He is just like a fat monarch or king or something who gets rolled out for the masses but really has no power and does absolutely nothing.

also the touchbutt thing, classic

Personally, I prefer this one:

This video also demonstrates that McGregor has to talk over people and recycle trash talk when someone talks back to him <Lmaoo>.

Dana patting himself on the back. Big surprise there.

I’m a big Dana fan, but I’m not buying this one for a second.

Personally, I prefer this one:

This video also demonstrates that McGregor has to talk over people and recycle trash talk when someone talks back to him <Lmaoo>.

Nate destroyed him in that verbal exchange. Overall though that while build up had a bunch of classic moments from both sides.

Best promoted fight was Rashad vs. Rampage. UFC 114

UFC 114 sold over a million PPVs.
The season of TUF was awesome and those two really sold the "bad blood" angle between the two very well. I remember seeing some good promos for this card. Other than the main event, the card was pretty bad, no superstars on the card (GSP, Anderson, Lesnar), non title fight as well.

Amazing that this fight sold over a million on basically it's own with the rest of the card being bad.
This was UFC 's prime.

Back