Why Dana White blocked the GSP-Khabib fight

These guys need to fight twice a year minimum. They've caved to too much bullshit and devalued their credibility. This is good. Gsp should get fights that are fun or against old legends. Not title fights out of thin air where he can walk away afterward.

I wish these guys could put pressure on the UFC by constantly doing 1 fight deals or 2 fight deals. So if the UFC is refusing to make a fight, the fighters can simply say "Well Lets see if Bellator likes this fight". Build your legacy how you want to build it. Not how the UFC and Dana the bald jack-ass want you to build it..

People shouldn't be allowed to division hop as a strategy the way he was trying to. Champ champ champs should be banned.

If GSP really wants a fight he can fight a top 10 WW or stfu

Agree with Dana.

GSP walked off with two belts, rupturing the lineal line in two weight classes.

Meanwhile, LW has been backed up for years precisely because of safari expeditions, champs not fighting and injuries.

Somehow GSP is more important? Kind of bothers me he thinks he can just walk back in like this.

Ufc can barely control conor,and khabib. They can control GSP even less. Thats why they dont want to give GSP that kind of power.

Agree with Dana.

Meanwhile, LW has been backed up for years precisely because of safari expeditions, champs not fighting and injuries.

Somehow GSP is more important? Kind of bothers me he thinks he can just walk back in like this.
Of course he can think that way. Because the fans and khabib want it.

I wish these guys could put pressure on the UFC by constantly doing 1 fight deals or 2 fight deals. So if the UFC is refusing to make a fight, the fighters can simply say "Well Lets see if Bellator likes this fight". Build your legacy how you want to build it. Not how the UFC and Dana the bald jack-ass want you to build it..
Eventually it will happen.

Agree with Dana.

They can fight at a catchweight. GSP just wants the fight and the name. But Khabib wants it as well. So it should get made. Also Khabib holds grudges. He will not be happy about this..

I'm going to go with : because he's a fucking cunt and cares more about protecting Khabib's 'undefeated' marketability than giving the fans an amazing catchweight fight that we want to see.

Dana having an agenda against someone? Never

Dana's revenge for GSP dropping the title after beating bisping for the middleweight title a few years ago.... possibly. Dana doesn't want his fighters to win then never defend, it sets a bad precendent, look at McGregor too as a good example.

I think the fight should just happen. It's a good money fight.

Ain't no one want to see Khabib vs Gsp, the only one that does are Gsp fanboys... Can't wait for his ass to retire tomorrow and stay retire.

It has something to do with GSP because Dana wants him to stick around but he robbed us from one mega fight. I'm kinda pissed that Dana or the UFC is blocking this fight.

This has forced GSP into retirement because the UFC is not willing to give him another title fight ever again and I guess there is nothing left for him. Dana probably has an agenda against him
If Dana would have just made the fight for a catch weight at 160 or 165 then it can be a legit one off, seen as a one off and no title needs to be defended.

I bet the PROBLEM was GSP wanted to drop to 155 and go for a third title. GSP signed a contract previous to Bisping (supposedly) claiming he would defend the 185 belt. He did not do that due to health issues and dropped it. Dana likely doesn't trust it.

Ain't no one want to see Khabib vs Gsp, the only one that does are Gsp fanboys... Can't wait for his ass to retire tomorrow and stay retire.
I dont like GSP, hes boring, but I would love to watch that fight. You are in the minority my friend.

Of course he can think that way. Because the fans and khabib want it.
How popular is it?

I know I'm not interested. I want to see action in the LW division not a x2 retired champ fly back in and screw it up longer.

GSP should fight Anderson or some send off fight not against the suspended LW champ who is already out for a year from his last fight.

Gap didn’t screw dana or the ufc, he made them a boat load of money over his entire career. I’ll never understand why people keep saying he screwed them.

Dana hates GSP because GSP isn't a scum bag.

Just hides a family for years and is buddy buddy with some of the biggest drug lords and organized crime bosses in Canada, nothing major. GSP is a very intelligent dude that knows how to keep a spotless public image; something that is nearly impossible for athletes or celebrities in general. He doesn't come off as the worst but I have to laugh when people think hes the nicest guy ever.

It has something to do with GSP because Dana wants him to stick around but he robbed us from one mega fight. I'm kinda pissed that Dana or the UFC is blocking this fight.

This has forced GSP into retirement because the UFC is not willing to give him another title fight ever again and I guess there is nothing left for him. Dana probably has an agenda against him
If GSP beats Khabib and retires he destroys Dana's cash cow. Why would Dana agree to that? If Khabib loses to Tony then Tony is the new man the UFC machine can get behind. It's a business, Dana is there to make money.

Back