Why Dana White blocked the GSP-Khabib fight

dragonsfly

----------------------------
Banned
Reaction score
It has something to do with GSP because Dana wants him to stick around but he robbed us from one mega fight. I'm kinda pissed that Dana or the UFC is blocking this fight.

This has forced GSP into retirement because the UFC is not willing to give him another title fight ever again and I guess there is nothing left for him. Dana probably has an agenda against him

Last edited:
Gsp shouldn’t be allowed to do as he pleases
Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice Shame on me...

He probably wanted to take back control after GSP sonned him for the 185 title. If that means him missing out on a few bucks then so be it.

Why would you give a fight to a dude that's just gonna relinquish the belt and retire after?

People don't really care for GSP like they use to.

Comeback fight didn't even do a million buys.

Dana knows its not worth the headaches.

I guess they didn't want him to just walk away for a bit... or ever after beating another champion and them not being able to cash in on it.

Gsp shouldn’t be allowed to do as he pleases
Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice Shame on me...

How did he screw anybody? The UFC hands out interim belts like they are candy. They also randomly strip fighters based on reasons.. So GSP giving up the MW belt is supposed to be some grand sin or something? Huh??

Stitch was right.

Dana has no balls.

I guess they didn't want him to just walk away for a bit... or ever after beating another champion and them not being able to cash in on it.

Khabib holds grudges. Watch him call out the UFC for taking this dream fight from him.. And sit out even longer.. If the UFC was thinking he might lose and look bad, that is the last thing that is going to calm Khabib down. In his mind he smashes GSP.. "I want the fight"

If Khabib wants to fight GSP that's fine, just vacate the title and move on, no will will complain. But to not defend your title for your next bout? Come on, and spare me the Conor bullshit, I didn't agree with it than, and I don't know.

For The Lightweight Championship, there's only ONE PERSON Khabib should be wanting to fight, Tony Ferguson, point, BLANK. PERIOD!

Looks like Ali isn't just more than a mouth piece, because from the looks of it Khabib is mirroring what Ali said.

How did he screw anybody? The UFC hands out interim belts like they are candy. They also randomly strip fighters based on reasons.. So GSP giving up the MW belt is supposed to be some grand sin or something? Huh??
He promised he would defend vs Whittaker, that’s the only reason they gave him the shot. They even put it in the contract, he then gave it up after winning it which meant he screwed Dana(went back on his word)

He promised he would defend vs Whittaker, that’s the only reason they gave him the shot. They even put it in the contract, he then gave it up after winning it which meant he screwed Dana(went back on his word)

Again the UFC hands out belts like they are candy. And strip randomly. GSP could have held up a division dicking around. He did not.

exactly.. and besides. the UFC gave the belt to a fighter that hasn't fought one round for that belt

Maybe Dana didn't have anything to do with it.

Askren.0.0.jpeg

Don't be scared, Georgie.

Khabib offered 160. This has nothing to do with the title as far as Beeb is concerned. Khabib wants a monumental legacy fight and GSP wants one last solid payday. I’m sure Khabib would be cool with it not being at 155. Perhaps GSP is demanding it for a title fight.

There’s too much money on the table for it to be as cut and dry as Dana’s hurt feelings being the roadblock. If the money is right, and it will be, the fight will materialize. Brock gets one off title fights because of the money he generates. GSP has always fair well on PPV. If GSP AND Khabib provide reasonable price tags there’s no reason this fight doesn’t happen. It would be a massive blunder to fuck this up.

Again the UFC hands out belts like they are candy. And strip randomly. GSP could have held up a division dicking around. He did not.
I never said he did but he broke a promise with White, he also left on bad terms the first time so it didn’t go down well

Why would you give a fight to a dude that's just gonna relinquish the belt and retire after?

People don't really care for GSP like they use to.

Comeback fight didn't even do a million buys.

Dana knows its not worth the headaches.

I don’t see the problem. They give out interim titles in happy meals these days. So he beats Khabib and walks. Put Khabib against tony or Conor or whoever is the clear #2 guy behind Khabib and have another title fight for the vacant belt.

UFC can’t help but shit out titles for main events, I’m not seeing how GSP beating Khabib and retiring would be any different.

*Khabib vs GSP won't be the draw Sherdog is making out to be. Half the Conor wave kids haven't seen GSP fight.

*If GSP wins he will derail the only true undefeated champ in the UFC. Then retire again leaving another division in limbo.

*If Khabib holds up the division for GSP then can't fight because Ramadan.

*LW is already held up cause Khabib acted like a thug.

*There is an exciting LW former interim champ with an 11 fight win streak waiting for an overdue shot.

*If Khabib wins its gonna be "oh well GSP is old and retired, he just did it for the check".

*GSP vs Khabib is very likely to be a grapple heavy fan unfriendly fight that only die hards will enjoy.

Need anymore reasons? They can have Khabib fight Tony, who he has a good chance of grapple fucking (Danny Castillo had no problem). Then having Conor beat Cerrone, and lining up a massive rematch

I never said he did but he broke a promise with White, he also left on bad terms the first time so it didn’t go down well

Fights should not be made based on the Bald idiots personal feelings.. 2 great fighters want to fight and they fight. That is the deal in boxing. This shit makes the whole sport look awful.

Fights should not be made based on the Bald idiots personal feelings.. 2 great fighters want to fight and they fight. That is the deal in boxing. This shit makes the whole sport look awful.

this

Back