Why Dan Henderson vs. Daniel Cormier shouldn't happen

Honestly I don't bother reading past the title.

This should be a really good fight and that's all I care about.

Good. I hope DC knocks his ass OUT. We gotta get that bread

I'm pulling for Hendo and da H-bomb because I'm old myself and a big fan, but I'm a realist. He's looked a little rough lately and if DC comes in 227/228, it could be ugly on the ground and REAL ugly if he connect with a few bombs of his own. I suspect DC is every bit of 225 tonight. Make no mistake, I'm not criticizing DC. He made the cut, but I do think that absent an almost impossible fluke upset that I am going to feel really bad for Dan tonight. He's such a damn warrior and I don't want to see him badly hurt. Nobody does. But I'm a DC fan as well. Hope we get a good fight and Dan emerges relatively unscathed, regardless of who wins.

Rising fighter that has looked pretty much amazing in nearly all of his performances going up against one of the greatest fighters in MMA history that has a tendency to get the upset... nothing wrong with this match-up.

Rising fighter that has looked pretty much amazing in nearly all of his performances going up against one of the greatest fighters in MMA history that has a tendency to get the upset... nothing wrong with this match-up.

I hear you, but you put 100 on DC to win and you get 112 back, including your original 100. You win 12.

You put 100 on Hendo to win and you get back 750, including your original 100. You win 650.

:eek:

Looks like it's happening, no matter what the writer (or anybody else) might think.

Meh, looked like a good, young 225 against a good, old 199, IMO. Props to DC. Look forward to seeing him at 205 as he gets more used to the weight cut, too.

Meh, looked like a good, young 225 against a good, old 199, IMO. Props to DC. Look forward to seeing him at 205 as he gets more used to the weight cut, too.

lol, what fight did you watch? TS was entirely correct.
to quote Joe
''it looks like a man vs a child''

I'm a big Hendo fan, but DC seems like a real decent guy to me and rolled with the chicken joke fight week and everything, so I can't help but think he might have throttled back on his vicious meter, if even subconsciously.

And if Dan wants to do Silva/Henderson II and Anderson is up for it, maybe pay them both stacks and then Dan can retire after that KO? 'cause somebody would be getting KTFO'd in that one, IMO. Likely Dan on the wrong end, but I never count that warrior out.

lol, what fight did you watch? TS was entirely correct.
to quote Joe
''it looks like a man vs a child''

That was kind of my point. It did, and weight was not entirely unmentionable. DC may have been 227 for all I know. Hendo was about two bucks even, we know that. That's a pretty big gap. He was out-gunned, out-wrestled and out-stronged. Tough night for Dan.

And to quote Joe after the main, "Bigger upset than Douglas over Tyson".
:icon_chee

You don't ever quote full Joe, man.

The article was correct. Jon Jones was correct. Whether you like it or not it should have been DC vs Gus.

That was kind of my point. It did, and weight was not entirely unmentionable. DC may have been 227 for all I know. Hendo was about two bucks even, we know that. That's a pretty big gap. He was out-gunned, out-wrestled and out-stronged. Tough night for Dan.

And to quote Joe after the main, "Bigger upset than Douglas over Tyson".
:icon_chee

You don't ever quote full Joe, man.

Haha you're right about quoting Joe.
DC was waaaay too big/young for Hendo, and indeed it showed. I just really felt they shouldn't have made this matchup, no disrespect intended to Hendo ofc, but come on the guy is 44. To me it just shows the UFC will put any 'company man/legend/HOFer' in a squash match if it benefits them.

Is he 44? I knew he was up there but for some reason thought 43. Either way, that's very old in the fight game, especially sans TRT.
Seems like it was going to go as it did (at best) before it ever happened, I think that is the point of the article and it's hard to disagree, IMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back