Why Dan Henderson vs. Daniel Cormier shouldn't happen

this all goes away when he lands that H bomb.

its a tragedy really. Poor Dan will retire tonight

hendo may be old, but i would never count him out. if dc isn't careful, hendo can land that devastating right punch and dc will get knocked the f out.

Yea that pissed me off. Hoping for H-bomb even more now.

I still have no idea why Daniel Cormier has been crowned as a world beater already. He hasn't proven a damn thing where as Dan Henderson has proven he could knock out Rhino by head butting it.

Exactly my feelings on this fight. Hendo really should retire after Cormier destroys him.

seems like a fairly realistic assessment of the situation as a whole.

There are a few things in there longtime Hendo fans won't love, but I don't see any obviously outlandish statements.

Hendo should be in the "interesting matchups" part of his career, where he shouldn't fight top contender, but instead fight fan freindly matchups like Shogun. Both past their primes.

DC is a fucking beast who dominated several former HW champions (Mir, Barnett) and contenders (Bigfoot). He is facing a 43 year old dude coming off trt who, before landing his "h-bomb", was losing to Rua. It's a miss-match is this fight. I didn't like the idea but if DC wants to fight, Hendo made sense.

I love that the article uses the current odds as being one indicator of this being a lop-sided fight that shouldn't happen.... Well the main event if just as lopsided then going by the odds. They have had numerous fights even title fights where the champion was 4-8/1 favorites.

Hendo is always looks sore walking around, he also weighed in at 199 and will prob weigh a few pounds over come fight night. DC on other hand will probably weigh in at 215 come fight night. It's a hard matchup for Hendo, let alone weight disadvantage.

When long-term vets or especially future hall of famers agree to these sorts of bouts, I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt, ie. Dan saw something in his analysis of DC that gave him the belief he could win. I trust Dan in this regard more than the existing pool of know-nothing MMA reporters. MMA reporters that are easily eclipsed in knowledge by the average Sherdog member.

Exactly my sentiment. Proves Dana just cares about the business side of things (none to much for the personal side) because on paper he (Hendo) will always be closer to a MW - heck, he could practically sub in for a MW fight the same night! - and now he's fighting a true LHW in Cormier who has heavy hands that should translate onto the lower weight class and also gain more speed up against a slow, plodding TRT-less Hendo with a miniscule chance of land the H-bomb.

Hopefully, for Hendo and the fans, Cormier might hold back the reigns against him as speculated for friend's sake otherwise it could get ugly.

Hendo is always looks sore walking around, he also weighed in at 199 and will prob weigh a few pounds over come fight night. DC on other hand will probably weigh in at 215 come fight night. It's a hard matchup for Hendo, let alone weight disadvantage.

220 at least.

Exactly my sentiment. Proves Dana just cares about the business side of things (none to much for the personal side) because on paper he will always be closer to a MW and now he's fighting a true LHW in Cormier who has heavy hands that should translate onto the lower weight class and also gain more speed up against a slow, plodding TRT-less Hendo with a miniscule chance of land the H-bomb.

Hopefully, for Hendo and the fans, Cormier might hold back the reigns against him as speculated for friend's sake otherwise it could get ugly.

Per your last statement, its absurd to hope that DC holds back in any way. Its a bout against a legend and a path to a belt. More importantly, Dan derves DC's best. This thought process is insane and is in no way in line with respectful or the Bushido.

I hate to say it but I kind of do agree with this to a point. If Dan Henderson beats Cormier, then a lot of people will say that he may have a shot against Jones.However, if Cormier beat Henderson in my opinion it proves nothing. Nothing about beating Hendo proves DC is ready for the speed, diversity, power, and agility of Jones's attack. If this is truly a mismatch, it's because Hendo gains a lot in reputation but as far as I'm concerned DC won't prove shit in LHW. He needs to take on Rashad, Gus, Glover, or some other top guy in their prime.

What I find more pathetic is the UFC wanted to low-ball Hendo so much yet still were always going to put him in top billed fights agaisnt the very best lke they did when eh was making more $$$.. That's f'n shameless & typical U fight Cheap.

Hendo was so offended by the first offer enough to say something. If they think he's worth that little why was he still main event agaisnt Shogun and now fighting one of the best HW/LHW's as co-main?

Essentially nothing has changed except a massive paycut to give the UFC more profits off of his fights. The fans don't get cheaper tickets to watch him in the same level of fights he was in when he was making more money.

Back