Why Dan Henderson don't receive the respect that he deserves?

A TRT exemption is just legal PEDs though. Literally that’s exactly what it is. Why it’s terrible is because some guys got to legally use PEDs and others didn’t. I don’t blame Hendo for that (I like Hendo and he’s one of the greats imo) but it’s a black mark on the sports’ history for sure.

How hard is it for these guys to say TRT rather than "gear" or say he was on steroids? PED accusations aren't going to fly. A lot were mentioning it in regards to his PRIDE years. No proof of that. Let it go. TRT was legal at one point. Plenty of guys got that exemption.

For the record response was to ask you your logic for considering Fedor was better than Hendo when Hendo KO'd him and was also 5 years older than him. You called me a shertard and did not provide an argument.

I had gently ended the discussion since it was more than evident the kind of "sherdogger" I was dicussing with. But some mod enjoys this kind of troll it seems which is bad to find out.

Who ignored my arguments was you in the first place, since you are not in for a honest discussion, stop pretending.

1. This troll @ferrisjso makes a claim that goes against the unanimous opinion of any fighter and pundit - Fedor was greater than Henderson.
When you make such a claim, anyone looking for some honest dicussion would support it with something. Will try at least. This guys just states that losing to Wand is the biggest issue of Dan's career.

2. Looked like a troll but I give it a chance still.
I argue that Hendo's contoversial decisions, often with guys his size or even smaller (Misaki, Kondo, Shields, Ninja..), apart from Rampage and Bustamante , are as much of an "issue" if not bigger than a loss to Wand later avenged emphatically.
They hurt his legacy and at the time hurted his standing, particularly relative to Fedo'rs mythical unbeaten streak.

3. The troll completely ignores any point given if it wasnt evident enough that he is NOT in for a honest dicussion and just replies with this textbook shertard logic:

Yes Fedor is better than the guy who KO'd him. This makes sense somehow. Was he more washed up than the guy who was 5 years older than him and had a longer career? Please explain it to me.

4. I guess is the point where I say something along the lines of "Antonio Silva is greater than Fedor we all saw the fight bro"..or..."Shields > Hendo > Fedor its just logic dude".....
right? Going full shertard.

....Well, I decided to call your trolling for what it is instead.

No. He wasn't. He made a point. You disagreed, obviously and then threw an insult his way. He finally replied a few posts ago. You seem to be trolling more than he is, by a Matt Hughes Country Breakfast mile. You dropped the PED line as well. But sure, revisionism. Let's do that. You can keep adding that at the end as well if it makes you feel better, lol.

It doesnt make feel better nor worse.
There is a mod around liking every single post in every thread, some guy named Rebelflet. Every post, even the most obvious troll ones. I asked him why but didnt get a response
Weird approach from some of this new wave of mods. They brought some positives too, to be fair. No sir, I dont expect you to care.

Apologies. I take note

Not trying to be difficult with the PED/TRT thing. One was legal. One is/was obviously not. Guy didn't pop. So I figure we should take it lightly on these accusations, is all. I try to be as transparent as possible in this regard so I posted multiple times in the thread not to do it.

I personally have him on my Mt Rushmore of MMA but many don’t because he never won the UFC belt. He was essentially a WW that fought some of the best MW’s, LHW’s, and HW’s. The fact that he KO’d Fedor is still shocking to me and his KO of Bisping is still my all time fav via punch.
He was over 205lb on fighting. In no way was he a WW

Thiago Alves walked around at a heavier weight than Hendo. I’d venture to say that most WW today walk around at a heavier weight than him in his prime.
Can people fuck right off with this "walking around weight" shit. What someone's weight is when they are out of shape means nothing. Alves had a time when he was low 190s ON FIGHT NIGHT. That is the biggest he got. Hendo was much bigger than that

I had gently ended the discussion since it was more than evident the kind of "sherdogger" I was dicussing with. But some mod enjoys this kind of troll it seems which is bad to find out.

Who ignored my arguments was you in the first place, since you are not in for a honest discussion, stop pretending.

1. This troll @ferrisjso makes a claim that goes against the unanimous opinion of any fighter and pundit - Fedor was greater than Henderson.
When you make such a claim, anyone looking for some honest dicussion would support it with something. Will try at least. This guys just states that losing to Wand is the biggest issue of Dan's career.

2. Looked like a troll but I give it a chance still.
I argue that Hendo's contoversial decisions, often with guys his size or even smaller (Misaki, Kondo, Shields, Ninja..), apart from Rampage and Bustamante , are as much of an "issue" if not bigger than a loss to Wand later avenged emphatically.
They hurt his legacy and at the time hurted his standing, particularly relative to Fedo'rs mythical unbeaten streak.

3. The troll completely ignores any point given if it wasnt evident enough that he is NOT in for a honest dicussion and just replies with this textbook shertard logic:

4. I guess is the point where I say something along the lines of "Antonio Silva is greater than Fedor we all saw the fight bro"..or..."Shields > Hendo > Fedor its just logic dude".....
right? Going full shertard.

....Well, I decided to call your trolling for what it is instead.

It doesnt make feel better nor worse.
There is a mod around liking every single post in every thread, some guy named Rebelflet. Every post, even the most obvious troll ones. I asked him why but didnt get a response
Weird approach from some of this new wave of mods. They brought some positives too, to be fair. No sir, I dont expect you to care.

Again Henderson KO'd Fedor. IMO the pundits who say Fedor's better than Henderson are being ridicolous because of their nostalia for a certain period of MMA history. I've been arguing about this for years and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

The basis of Hendo's(pre Jones) GOAT case is he beat both Pride stars with the inflated win streaks(which I do not consider mythical at all it had 3 title defenses one against Mark Hunt) in Wandy and Fedor. Also while the decision losses are an issue this isn't a sport where people go undefeated if they are fighting the best every time(or at least it wasn't before Jones came along). Hendo's case has issues but pre Jones I think it has the fewest issues and most of Hendo's losses are avenged(or prevenged in the case of Big Nog).

I say the Wandy loss is the biggest one because Hendo was considered the unbeaten best fighter in the world before that fight and this is when he loses that status. I guess the AS loss also would be a big one and while I think Hendo wins that 9/10 times the record says he lost. I think he earned a rematch though he never ended up getting it and went to Strikeforce instead.

Bigfoot is not comparable to Henderson in terms of resume nor is Mitrione. Those comparisons are invalid. Werdum I'd consider a better HW than Fedor though sure and again I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way either.

Was he? He didn't look any lighter when he fought lower weights

Didnt he weight in below 200lbs vs Cormier?
Used to make 180 with no problem. I dont think he is much if any bigger than Silva, Okami or Marquardt who all fought at 170.

He crushed Fedor and Bisping is no longer hated on the forums.

This sport has a problem with acknowledging legends in general. I think it stems from the UFC tbh. If the UFC treated their legends better it would trickle down to fans as well. But UFC chooses to try and forget past fighters and their achievements for whatever reason that may be (money, fighters leaving to other organizations, etc.) Even recent legends like GSP and Anderson look like they will be shunned going forward.
At least they have a HoF. Bellator gives they’re retired fighters coupons for the buffet at Tachi Palace.

Was he? He didn't look any lighter when he fought lower weights
Did he weigh less fighting at lower weights, genius? Who gives a shit if you visibly noticed a difference. Scales don’t lie unless you’re DC with a towel.

Last edited:
Dan got/gets plenty of respect. Just his time is done. And he wasn't a brash guy about his legacy. So he's not constantly trying to remind people about his greatness. Just moved on with living.

Back