Why couldn’t Conor look Khabib in the eyes?

Mystic Mac knew what was about to happen, he "sees these tings".

He knew he had run his mouth against a humble but confident martial artist and was about to pay the price. Khabib bless

It’s psychology. He had doubts about beating him and couldn’t face him. With that mindset he had already lost before he had set a foot into the cage. Khabib was the opposite and he could see it all in Conor too. You can’t hide or lie to yourself when the time comes and that’s why he couldn’t look him in the eye. He had doubts in the back of his mind. Most stare downs don’t tell the story of a fight but this is one of the few times it did.

What a difference a day makes <36>

mcgregor-khabib-staredown.gif

mFNPRRV.gif
Weight ins:
“Im gonna get youh!!
COMEH HEREH GTFO DAYNAH!!”

FIGHT TIME:
“Where...where is Dana????”

Nate had already choked him out before this fight and he won the lightweight championship after that fight in spectacular fashion. Not sure how this is when he learned something new. It’s not like he was undefeated before this fight.

it certainly is when it happened. after nate choked him out that super confidence was shot forever. im not sure why conor winning some fights after that would negate my point unless you believe the secret was working and that's the only reason he won any fights.

he has never been the same again as a fighter or as a person and its because he fell from the false high of believing he found the secret to success at life through harnessing the power of belief.

its good that he fell from that place as it was not a real place.

I rewatched this fight the other day and noticed again how Conor couldn’t look Khabib in the eye when they were in the cage about to go at it.

why do you think this was?

Has he ever done this in any other fight?
Probably because he was about to shit his pants and didn't want to look death straight in the eyes, as no doubt he would shat himself. Khabib TKO by fecal matter.

He knows he's about to catch a beating for real for all the shit he talked. To quote Paul Buentello, don't fear me, fear the consequences

Also not the first time Conor couldn't look into the eyes of his conqueror
GivingFilthyIriomotecat-size_restricted.gif

To quote Paul Buentello, "Don't fear me..... aw c'mon guys."

I rewatched this fight the other day and noticed again how Conor couldn’t look Khabib in the eye when they were in the cage about to go at it.

why do you think this was?

Has he ever done this in any other fight?

Because hes a gazelle fronting like hes a lion

And you can front all you like till.you get in the jungle ...

Then shit gets real... Khabib is the real lion and mcgregor is just prey

Shout to Dr.Eric Thomas

conor started the fight exactly like he always does and was aggressive. showed zero evidence of fear.

Yeah, I'm objective so can admit this as well. It probably wasn't fear, it was probably just the awkwardness of the moment. Although why it wasn't ever awkward with others (like Jose) I'm not sure. Maybe because he did finally see the real threat in front of him, so it's more of a "well, here we go." I don't know. Glad he lost though. I wish Khabib would've spit on him at the end.

I honestly think a big part of Conor in the lead up to this fight thought Khabib would pull out of it in one fashion or another.

He was trying to entertain Khabib with his girly walk, hoping Khabib would at least laugh at him and reduce the beating'
intensity. But Khabib was too determined to f him up.
Conor backed kahbib up for the first half of the first round, nobody else has made khabib back up like that. He's also clearly looking at the big screens during the staredown

Conor backed kahbib up for the first half of the first round, nobody else has made khabib back up like that. He's also clearly looking at the big screens during the staredown

The first half of the first round, huh? I guess rounds only last two minutes in your world.

The first half of the first round, huh? I guess rounds only last two minutes in your world.
He still backed him up on the feet. Khabib walked justin down in comparison. Conor took no damage in the first round either

He still backed him up on the feet. Khabib walked justin down in comparison. Conor took no damage in the first round either
Ok, but quit trying to make it seem more grand than it was. Conor was on his ass, back to cage with 4:08 left in the first round.

Last edited:
Back