Why Conor sells and Tyrone/Eddie tries-hard

Conor FINISHES every fight, was on a missive win streak, he calls the fucking round and tends to be right etc etc

Most of the roster is meh but he's exciting, not nuthuggery just a fact, how sadios that.

Conor got a push because he was marketable. The UFC is a business. If Woodley or Alvarez were just as marketable, don't you think they'd be milking them for all they're worth already?

Not once have I even suggested that Woodley or Alvarez have that it factor. Conor does but acting like aa if he made it to the top by himself is being delusional.

if anyone had the next push i think its do ho choi,

its too bad hes a featherweight cause it intervenes with Conor. He's got his own style (innocent looking, polite) but still a bad finisher and is in the asian market that the UFC wants to promote

You Either have it or not, Ferguson has the same type of attitude, even worst, while people recognize his skills, most don't give a rat ass fuck about him...

I like his fighting style. But he is the definition of a try hard.

The best comparison right now is Marvel vs DC. Marvel spent years building their reputation from the start, DC wants to be them after they see how much money they make without doing the ground work.

Marvel did the ground work to build a franchise spent time building it did not change their setup much along the way
Conor from his first fight began to build his brand and stuck with it, all while winning impressively so when he started to grow in popularity it came off more genuine to others since he had been doing and saying it since day 1

DC wants to be marvel but not put the time in. They want what marvel has today not what marvel had 10 years go.
These new fighters becoming champs are trying to adopt a new persona after spending too much time in the limelight as someone else. Therefore it is coming off as fake and like they are just riding someone elses coat tails. If this was who they wanted to be they should have done it earlier. You dont get to be one person your whole career and than try to be someone else to make more money, it just comes off as phoney and no one takes you serious.

Conor debuted with a highlight reel KO and told the world he wasn't worried about any other fighter. He was stylish and unique about it. Even when he blew his knee and couldn't get the finish he was cracking jokes about tearing his leg off and beating the Holloway with it at the presser. He had other guys on the panel laughing. Conor wasn't afraid to speak his mind about anyone, Mendez, Cub, Aldo, Edgar... no filter.

Tyron came into the UFC off a loss, and after a highlight-reel 36 second KO in his debut, he dropped 2 decisions. His interviews are overwhelmingly average. He doesn't talk shit, his whole style and persona is generic. He gives cautious but accurate responses. He's middle of the road. The sad part is his fights are generally exciting overall but his attempts at promotion are lukewarm.

Not once have I even suggested that Woodley or Alvarez have that it factor. Conor does but acting like aa if he made it to the top by himself is being delusional.

The UFC gave him the platform but he was the one providing the material for all the hype. He was the one going in there KOing the GOAT FW.

Every other fighter has that same opportunity but don't have that same marketability. Like I said, if they did, the UFC would be all over them too.

I think he deserves credit for his success.

Back