Why compare Rousey to male fighters?

E Honda is a marketing tool used to sell tickets and PPV. the reason she wins in 'dominant' fashion is because her competition is shit.

No one will care about e Honda in a few year and by that time a new freak show will emerge to take your money with all the wolf tickets.

Ps big Ron fan

Nobody compared Ronda to a male fighter. She did it herself....under the right circumstances, of course.

UFC/Joe Rogan hype propaganda machine doesn't help either.

That is completely false. Other people brought up her fighting men, media asked her about it, and her reply was basically "there's not a 0% chance of me winning". I don't know why people make such a big deal over that.

That being said, I think Joe needs to calm it down. I know he's been a fan of hers for a long time but at this point I think he's campaigning to be chosen as President of her fan club.

Dana likes to say that Rhonda can beat men. I don't think Dana actually believes it. I think he says it to hype Rhonda because at the end of the day it is all about making money.

Because fanboys live in a delusional fantasy world where they believe her game matches any dude in any division. Could Ronda beat some gatekeeper at FW? Probably, but she gets wrecked by anyone else.

yeah it makes no sense you dont see people asking Serena Williams to take on Roger Federer

A better comparison would be Serena Williams to take on the male squash World Champion in tennis.

Although I concede those two sports are even further apart than MMA/boxing. Surely Serena would squash the guy.

There is absolutely no need.
I am curious who started this bullshit.

Is it something that Dana ever mentions ?.

Why, because she is so much better than the girls she is fighting, so her management and the UFC are pushing this angle, and it is click bait for chauvinists who feel they need to "set the record straight" about men and women.

Maybe because she looks like this

ronda-rousey-huge.jpg

Because She, Dana, Rogan, Zuffa do to get more money.

Because haters want to make her seem like she's less than she is, while for huggers, being as good as she is will never be good enough.

Not actually sure which one of us is the worse.

I agree that it does not help, and it is rather unfair for the men she is compared to and unhelpful for women athletes in general to set men as the standard by which women must be measured.

I'd be happy if she shut her mouth and stopped making these statements.

Back