Why compare Rousey to male fighters?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Men and women are different. And there isn't going to be any man vs woman fight ever in the UFC. No Rousy vs Mayweather. It just doesn't matter if Rousey can beat a top 10 flyweight or not. It will never happen.

She IS a woman fighter, and is the goat woman fighter, regardless of how her skills compare to her male counterparts, or the level of competition. And the simple fact is she is VERY popular. I read a board the other day about people at the office talking about her fight. So I figured, what the hell. I'll try this myself. And out of the 6 women I asked, they did not know who Fedor, Silva, or GSP was. All but one knew Rousey. (one knew who GSP was) Try it yourself.

Because she is that good.

ronda-rousey-1024.jpg

Because haters know that she is very unlikely to lose to a woman.

Nobody compared Ronda to a male fighter. She did it herself....under the right circumstances, of course.

UFC/Joe Rogan hype propaganda machine doesn't help either.

Being named as a best pound for pound fighter alongside male fighters requires that she be compared to male fighters.

yeah it makes no sense you dont see people asking Serena Williams to take on Roger Federer

Men and women are different. And there isn't going to be any man vs woman fight ever in the UFC. No Rousy vs Mayweather. It just doesn't matter if Rousey can beat a top 10 flyweight or not. It will never happen.

She IS a woman fighter, and is the goat woman fighter, regardless of how her skills compare to her male counterparts, or the level of competition. And the simple fact is she is VERY popular. I read a board the other day about people at the office talking about her fight. So I figured, what the hell. I'll try this myself. And out of the 6 women I asked, they did not know who Fedor, Silva, or GSP was. All but one knew Rousey. (one knew who GSP was) Try it yourself.

She talks about beating up male fighters, Cain, Caraway, and even Floyd Mayweather. That is why people compare her to male fighters.

I agree and I think that is why people dislike her. I hate when people talk about fights that will never happen. You don't see people talking about mighty mouse vs cain b/c its just not gonna happen.
She can beat up all the women she wants but when it comes to talking about fighting a man, its an exercise in futility.

Helps to hype her up

all these stupid statements and then when someone mentions cyborg she throws a tantrum

I like Caraway's response to Ronda stating she could beat him. LOL

Because MMA journalism is trash and keep asking those shit questions every time Ronda fights.

I thought it was her, Dr. Evil and Spicoli who started that talk.....

She talks about beating up male fighters, Cain, Caraway, and even Floyd Mayweather. That is why people compare her to male fighters.

That is exactly the reason.

All these responses and this guy is the only one that gets it right.

That is exactly the reason.

All these responses and this guy is the only one that gets it right.

That and the fact that she is listed alongside men in the top pound for pound discussion. I don't think she belongs on the top pound for pound list unless she is placed in a women's only category. But, since she is on the list that includes men, then a comparison is required.

That and the fact that she is listed alongside men in the top pound for pound discussion. I don't think she belongs on the top pound for pound list unless she is placed in a women's only category. But, since she is on the list that includes men, then a comparison is required.

Yeah, the P4P list is retarded. Ronda is ahead of Dillashaw on the P4P and they are both 135 lbs. Does that mean Ronda can beat Dillashaw?

1. She did it herself, multiple times
2. The media and the UFC are currently doing it, directly ("p4p" list)
3. Mass exposure = ignorant masses now know about her = dumbass "memes" on facebook and mass comparisons to men

I get saying Ronda can be competitive fighting men but beating them is just a lol. Imagine what any of the men's bantam weights would do in that women's division, would be quicker than Ronda's wins.

People say that because the female competition is waaaay below her. It's like a high schooler beating up a 3rd grader. So everyone started with the "she needs to fight men!"

Of course she'd get destroyed by any male UFC fighter. There's a video somewhere where she's rolling with some guy and gets owned... I don't remember who.

Back