Why champs refuse to defend in the UFC?

Cejuo last fought in June (only three months ago), has already defended the flyweight belt, and apparently now has a shoulder injury. Whittaker and Adesanya are scheduled to a fight in a few weeks. And the HW title changed hands less than a month ago.

So I guess your problem is really just with Colby and Usman? And Colby fought last month, so just Usman then. Definitely thread-worthy.

lol this. Colby got ducked by Tyron and is now being ducked by Usman, despite both saying "it's on sight when I see Colby" on television.

and lol at lumping Cejudo in, then saying "but I understand" about Whitaker. Cejudo just beat the longest reigning champion, then defended against arguably the P4P #1 on EPO, then moved up and took the title a division above with a balloon foot and a torn shoulder. One of the greatest 3 fight runs in mma history, if not THE greatest.

Whittaker on the other hand got handed the undisputed title when GSP retired, then pulled out of his first defense, then eeked out a split decision and collected the other guy's 50k bonus cuz of 0.2 pounds, then pulled out of his next defense hours before the event, and STILL hasn't fought in 15 months.

But "you understand". lol

Didn't he win the belt in July then fight BB in November? I'm pretty sure that's how it went making it 4 months.

You are correct. I was looking at the time frame between the Lewis and Stipe2 fights. That was a 9 month timeframes.

Back