Why can't UFC produce great posters like this

That aint a great poster.

c6e7cd7c2a18cbc152edd42888ed2bd9.jpg

needs more birds

Nice, the Pride ones really were fucking amazing, wonder what the person/people who designed them is doing now

194 is a bit like 262 in it's seperate bottom bit
UFC_194_pre_sale.jpg
EzW9RR_VgAg3RhM.jpeg
Gotta say not a fan of the color filter the UFC loves (gold). It's just dumb and fucks with design (i.e. Silva's shorts are bright yellow and blend in). Like the gold lighting just makes the poster look like there was really shitty lighting during the photoshoot. It's kind of an uncanny value thing of the poster is neither super realistic but also not super stylized. It's just bleh.

Because they don't want to waste the money?
They are dealing with a fanbase that is going to shit on the poster no matter how good it is,so why bother?

They look like they're teaming up together to fight bad guys.

Contribution:

Always liked this one

b0058035737637.56062a889054f.jpg

Then there's that sperm one!

29a89a35737679.560629548c20b.jpg

And don't forget!

tumblr_m9qxl0V2YQ1r6bdslo1_1280.jpg
Yeah most americans are gonna go "what the fuck is this SHIT"

UFC is making posters for their audience...who dont really give a shit about posters.

They are dealing with a fanbase that is going to shit on the poster no matter how good it is,so why bother?
There will always be haters, but I think that's a bit extreme. For example, I think the fanbase responds much better to higher budget promos as opposed to the UFC's generic ones. I remember people loved the in depth one for Jones DC II, etc.

There will always be haters, but I think that's a bit extreme. For example, I think the fanbase responds much better to higher budget promos as opposed to the UFC's generic ones. I remember people loved the in depth one for Jones DC II, etc.
Not every fight is as important as those.

Gotta say not a fan of the color filter the UFC loves (gold). It's just dumb and fucks with design (i.e. Silva's shorts are bright yellow and blend in). Like the gold lighting just makes the poster look like there was really shitty lighting during the photoshoot. It's kind of an uncanny value thing of the poster is neither super realistic but also not super stylized. It's just bleh.
Yeah I'm not into the piss stained look at all myself, despite the Silva one being my favourite in a long time.

Not every fight is as important as those.
Sure. But it's not even so much spending more money as just spending it better. For reference, advertising and marketing are 10 percent of the UFC's revenue, it's kept fixed there usually. So it's not a massive line item. As an example of something cool and cheap, the UFC production for Korean Zombie and Yair, since it was a anniversary, the old school title cards were a sweet touch. Even though obviously the World Fucker logo isn't going to cut it in 2021 lol.
Yeah I'm not into the piss stained look at all myself, despite the Silva one being my favourite in a long time.
I imagine the reasoning was "oh, championship belts are gold, let's tint everything gold." I guess if the UFC has ever had theme colors, it's black and gold.

I imagine the reasoning was "oh, championship belts are gold, let's tint everything gold." I guess if the UFC has ever had theme colors, it's black and gold.
Yeah I made a piss stained version of 261 for a thread yesterday for a laugh. Same copy.jpg
ExvzEAjU8AEWOCT.jpeg

It's good but not great.

The problem with the UFC ones is that they became to standard. All of them have the same feel.

They should try something different at times like Pride did. Some of them were pure nonsense (but it's ok because japanese are crazy) but some were pretty impressive.

The UFC made an effort more than a decade ago to move their image towards legitimate sports and away from pro-wrestling, over the top entertainment. It was probably a good idea back then, but a side effect has been their complete contempt for good production design.

Strikeforce was the only MMA promotion that I can think of that had decent posters...

If you compare UFC posters to boxing posters from the 80s, they look like some graphic design shit a high schooler would make.

With all the money WME has can't they hire a decent graphics team? It's not that hard to do, especially in this day and age.

Back