Why Can't the Diaz Bros Win Championships?

You sure about that?

Looks like Strikeforce fighters have done VERY WELL in the UFC since the merger.

Not the guys Diaz fought for the title.

Zaromskis and Santos were never good enough for the UFC. They had a combined ONE win in Strikeforce (when Santos beat Zaromskis).

Daley is banned form the UFC, no big deal since he was dominated by KOS anyway. He also had a losing record in Strikeforce, only winning once in four fights.

Roided up wrestlers who lay and pray. Carlos Condit, with his running man style of baby leg kicks. Fuck the judges, Carlos lost that fight. Carlos did just enough to stay in the game, but even a head kick couldn't phase Nick.

Bottom line, anyone who tries to *fight* the Diaz Brothers usually ends up losing. 209, motherfucker!
Werd UFC 1 rules they win every fight.

The Diaz brothers see little value in holding the gold. They love fighting,weed and Stockton.

You can ask this same question about almost every fighter in the business.

Didn't KJ have pro boxing experience though? Has Nick ever boxed professionally?

KJ boxed for a few years on the local circuit type of thing. He was fighting Ham 'n Eggars, mostly with losing records.

Nick had one fight in a similar type of promotion. According to most Shertards Nick is the best boxer in the history of MMA. According to Nick he is going to go pro full time at some point, and last week said he would box full time if someone would buy out his UFC contract for him.

I would love to see it. Nick getting destroyed in the ring by guys who have 6 - 8 records on the smoker circuit.

According to boxing trainer Freddie Roach, "Nick Diaz's boxing ability is "bulls**t."

BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS ON STEROIDS

Wrestling and kicks along with striking defense.

They are durable as hell but give up numbers and rounds because they dont have good defense.

The threat of kicks are not existent, the occasional zero effort front kick is all they have.

People would be shocked to find out how much the threat of kicks and/or threat of TD can limit your opponents offense and confuse and overwhelm them. Diaz bros do not give that theat making their opponent more confident in their offense and at the same time more confident in there ability to defend such a limited arsenal.

Their ring cutting ability is pretty weak, headmovement is minimal, and they arent very explosive, strong, or known for their speed.

They are the ultimate over achievers Imo Love to watch them fight and interveiws they seem cool but awesome jits and boxing that relys on chin and cardio shouldn't have carried them this far, but it did which is why they will forever be total badasses with or without the belt.

Wasn't Nick also a WEC champ?

Also agree that wrestling is their kryptonite...George and Rory come to mind for Nick and Nate, respectively.

Dude, they're from Lodi.

It's pretty there.

Worst hotel I ever stayed in was in Lodi. I have to disagree. Unless you're on the delta, ain't nothing good in Lodi.

Above comments nailed it - Lack of wrestling fundamentals and an offensive / defensive kicking game.

Although in recent fights, they HAVE finally started checking some kicks, so who knows, they may bridge the kicking gap, at least defensively.
They definitely know wrestling fundamentals. They're just not good wrestlers.

The same reason blue collar workers aren't CEOS......Don't want it or need it!

Because they are undefeated the judges just keep fucking them

Sadly, yes. Nick was getting a boxing lesson from a guy who looked like a little kid in there with him. Noons is so much smaller it is almost funny. Yet somehow this "little kid" keeps cracking Nick.

If KJ would leave his damn hair alone he could stay more focused on punches coming at his face. Nick was even doing spinning shit after eating a few body shots.

I think it was Mauro, damn his voice is ear piercing. Frank and Pat maintain a man's pitch and low volume, then the 3rd voice on mic is screaming at a dB level higher than Rogan.

Wasn't Nick also a WEC champ?

Also agree that wrestling is their kryptonite...George and Rory come to mind for Nick and Nate, respectively.

No. Nick never fought in the WEC.

He did fight in Elite XC, against such talent as Thomas Denney, Muchin Corbbrey, and Mike Aina. He missed weight by 9 pounds against Corbbrey, and many think he lost to Aina.

Denny is a career 27 -21 in the C Leagues. Corbbrey is 14 - 9 in the C Leagues, and Aina is 14 - 6 in the C Leagues. You have never heard of anyone any of these guys beat.

I think it was Mauro, damn his voice is ear piercing. Frank and Pat maintain a man's pitch and low volume, then the 3rd voice on mic is screaming at a dB level higher than Rogan.

Not sure what this is about, but I agree with you that Mauro is a terrible person on the mike. Too much fake wrestling in his intonation.

Not sure what this is about, but I agree with you that Mauro is a terrible person on the mike. Too much fake wrestling in his intonation.
Unrelated to topic. Just mentioning the KJ/Nick fight reminded me how loud he is.

No. Nick never fought in the WEC.

He did fight in Elite XC, against such talent as Thomas Denney, Muchin Corbbrey, and Mike Aina. He missed weight by 9 pounds against Corbbrey, and many think he lost to Aina.

Denny is a career 27 -21 in the C Leagues. Corbbrey is 14 - 9 in the C Leagues, and Aina is 14 - 6 in the C Leagues. You have never heard of anyone any of these guys beat.

I'm lazy af lulz. Just read Nick's wiki page. He was in the WEC and a WW champ there. We live and learn.

Back