Why Can't the Diaz Bros Win Championships?

Tall, long reach, best cardio in the sport, best chins in their divisions, insanely durable bodies, great BJJ, great boxing..

That sounds like the attributes of a killer. Yet, it seems that the Diaz bros can barely crack the top 5. Is it their lack of explosiveness and 1 shot power? I think that makes sense because their wrestling doesn't seem up-to-par despite great grappling, which could be explained by lack of explosiveness. What is it?

nick was strikeforce champ

117_coker_and_nick.jpg
Thank you

Wrestling. Nick Diaz would not have anywhere near the hype he has if he'd fought more wrestlers over the last 10 years (he's barely faced any since 2006).

You sure about that?

Looks like Strikeforce fighters have done VERY WELL in the UFC since the merger.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Major title to me means champion of the world. That's PRIDE, SF HW GP, UFC, and WEC 145 and below.

SF WW champ = top 5 UFC ranking. That's not a champion. So, it can't be considered a world championship.

Cause um,they haven't been good enough.Nate could still possibly at 155 but I doubt it.Stylistically he matches ok with Eddie who get's into firefights and isn't super durable as far as getting dropped a lot.Bunch of guys at 155 I would pick over Nate.Nick matches ok with the current champ who's a 1 round fighter for the most part,and does absolutely nothing when pressured consistently, something Ruthless let him off the hook with.What kind of question is this anyway?They have some obvious holes in their games.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Major title to me means champion of the world. That's PRIDE, SF HW GP, UFC, and WEC 145 and below.

SF WW champ = top 5 UFC ranking. That's not a champion.

The current UFC WW champ and the ex champ are both ex-Strikeforce fighters.

I guess they couldn't have been that bad.

I know they're way too loyal to do anything about it but the camp they're in just isn't good enough to put them on that UFC championship elite level consistently. It's just not. They would have to move to a more world-class gym where guys push them more, where they're not undoubtedly two of the best guys there if not the two best guys there.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a shit gym. But it's not an elite world-class gym either.

Not good enough. They have been around forever, they just aren't good enough to beat the elite (champion) fighters. Nick was very close to the interim strap against Condit though. But, once again, he couldn't get it done.

The current UFC WW champ and the ex champ are both ex-Strikeforce fighters.

I guess they couldn't have been that bad.

The only ones that matter are the ones Diaz had to fight to earn and defend the belt. They weren’t all cans by any means, but let’s not pretend their WW division was impressive.

Poor wrestling,poor movement when they face the better strikers who will stick to a gameplan and move out of there range.If you refuse to enter there range and stay in a kicking range compared to a boxing range u nulify them

not good enough athletes. I know they train triathlons, but so do 90 year olds.
They dont win them.

They're not championship caliber?

They self sabotage, every time they get some decent momentum going they get bogged down in negativity and retarded conspiracy theories.

Back