Why can't Ronda handle losing?

This. She literally has a kid's mentality. Just watch when Ronda and Amanda are standing with Herb Dean as Bruce Buffers about to announce the winner. Some guy comes up to Ronda, and wipes the blood off her nose, and she pulls her face away like a pouting little girl, then outs head down, like wah, I'm going home!

No, seirously, watch that part, she literally has the mannerisms of an 11 year old girl throwing a pouty tantrum. I was almost shocked that a grown ass women that was a dominant champ could actually act like that. It was surreal, like on a bizzare, woah, she's got serious mental/psychological issues.
I will reach this.

Was it like that weird scared face she had when Holm went to shake her hand? Like a teacher just caught her cheating.

I can bet she didn't have a day of sparring where she got her ass kicked. Edmund was feeding that ego hard.

Chael on ESPN said that he would go to her gym and only ever saw her hitting pads.

I will reach this.

Was it like that weird scared face she had when Holm went to shake her hand? Like a teacher just caught her cheating.

Kind of, but not really. It had that same child like essence, but it was a full on pout. It literally looked like a big ass kid was standing up there with anda and Herb.

It was just weird as hell to see a grown person act like that, and with those mannerisms.

She's done one thing her whole life and now has to come to terms with the fact that she has to go do something else. Give her a break.

I know we are only supposed to bash fighters on this site and most people don't really think what they write but give me a break.

Have you ever failed at your lifelong goal in public and in front of millions of people? How would you handle it? Don't answer because you have no idea

I dunno. Crying tears of rage because she cant beat world class grapplers like Moussasi seems like the behavior of someone who is very delusional about their own capabilities. It's sounds like her whole sense of self depends on this idea that she can never lose at anything and if she does then her sense of self will collapse. I dunno. I remember on the old Howard Stern shows there were these 2 obnoxious twins, The Jesus Twins who would go on and make grandiose claims and one of them had to be hospitalized when he finally realized he was not the actual son of God because he felt like his whole life was a lie. He eventually was killed by the police or something like that.

I wonder who her training partners were.

I assume it's only a heavy punching bag with a photo of Nunes' face.

Her mother is fucking trash in general. She is way worse than Ronda. Somebody called her the Joe Jackson of MMA. The abusive parent who insists their child must succeed in a career they chose for them. Disgusting woman.

It is a well-known fact that authoritarian parents better prepare their kids for success than the ones who just love the kids and let it slide.

The downside here is psychological instability since the product is sturdy, but fragile.

Which is fine to some degree, because she's still successful and will always be. Do you make 3M per night, TS? I bet you don't. Because what? Because you can handle a loss well and therefore you don't succeed as nearly as Ronda did.

Bottom line, she's extremely successful, but in a certain way less successful than some others (Holly, Amanda) but moneywise she still outperformed them and I don't know will they ever be able to surpass Ronda's achievement in this regard, I doubt it.

I dunno. Crying tears of rage because she cant beat world class grapplers like Moussasi seems like the behavior of someone who is very delusional about their own capabilities. It's sounds like her whole sense of self depends on this idea that she can never lose at anything and if she does then her sense of self will collapse. I dunno. I remember on the old Howard Stern shows there were these 2 obnoxious twins, The Jesus Twins who would go on and make grandiose claims and one of them had to be hospitalized when he finally realized he was not the actual son of God because he felt like his whole life was a lie. He eventually was killed by the police or something like that.
I feel like I can almost figure out what's wrong with her but not quite.

The way she hates all women prettier than herself and calls them slut but then goes and does nude shoots, and multiple pretty girl things, it's fucking crazy

Genetics drive mental health just like they do athleticism.

Ascribing Rondas psychological makeup to how she was raised is laughable

you don't just know how to lose. losses and failure and how you deal with them is a learned coping skill. if you are taught that losing is not an option then you never learn to have to cope.

problem is, losing is always an option.

To be fair, nobody has had to lose the way she did.

She was elevated to be the biggest star in the sport with people saying all sorts of hyperbolic shit about her. All this without ever having to taste defeat.

Then it all came crashing down and she endured the most savage and prolonged roasting I've ever seen

I'd take it pretty bad too.

Because her ego is too big. She also takes everything personally. She is just emotionally on child level.

As you can see she stayed with Edmund because he is YES men and she wants YES people around her that will feed her huge ego.I can bet she didn't have a day of sparring where she got her ass kicked. Edmund was feeding that ego hard.

Classic example of egomania followed by bully mentality. Deep down does people are always weak, they just need to get into really bad situation to show it. Then they run and hide instead of facing the reality.
Yeah i think you summed it up fairly well. She definitely has some deep seeded mental issues that were never resolved.

To be fair, nobody has had to lose the way she did.

She was elevated to be the biggest star in the sport with people saying all sorts of hyperbolic shit about her. All this without ever having to taste defeat.

Then it all came crashing down and she endured the most savage and prolonged roasting I've ever seen

I'd take it pretty bad too.

I probably would too. Count your blessings, people. I'm surprisingly thankful that when I've had failure in my life, they were smaller tastes of defeat and learning experiences. Nowadays if something doesn't work out, I'm mature enough to let it slide off my back and I move on to the next adventure. Life is always full of new possibilities. Ronda unfortunately never learned how to cope with failing. Which is mentally weird because becoming an accomplished judoka meant she "failed" and got thrown thousands of times on her path to getting her bronze medal.

She bought into her own hype and became an entitled brat.

True. Rousey's mother is a tyrant and Rousey is weak because of it. She is a follower.

Her mother is fucking trash in general. She is way worse than Ronda. Somebody called her the Joe Jackson of MMA. The abusive parent who insists their child must succeed in a career they chose for them. Disgusting woman.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Her mother did not want her to do Judo and she did not want her to do MMA Ronda did what she wanted because that's what she wanted to do

If you really pay attention to way she speaks in interviews, even prior to the Holm fight, she always seems very emotional/pent-up and unsure of herself, her voice is shaky and she kind of rambles. She just never grew up and her entire life revolved around martial arts with hardly any social interaction outside of it. That's a hard pill to swallow when you're almost 30, but she's a millionaire so who fucking cares.

Back