Why can't more fighters be like Dodson?

Bruce Leeroy? Lol how is he a heel, he's just weird.

Bruce Leeroy? Lol how is he a heel, he's just weird.

I remember finding him pretty annoying on TUF. Wouldn't say annoying enough to be considered a heel, but I can see where ts is coming from. I've started warming up to him since the TUF days though.

Jones has never accepted the role of a heel and I don't expect him to. Some of you are so uncomfortable when you can't define the humanity of other people. Jones is himself, a self made man. That's mostly all any of hyohu know about him.

Mentally the guy is 13 years old.

Physically, he is one of the greatest athletes to compete in the UFC.

It's a pretty even trade-off but I wouldn't encourage more of this.

Jones has never accepted the role of a heel and I don't expect him to. Some of you are so uncomfortable when you can't define the humanity of other people. Jones is himself, a self made man. That's mostly all any of hyohu know about him.

Actually Jones has started to embrace the "cocky" hate. I think he'll be heel and then if he keeps winning and continues to be funny... he can do Rock turn where you can't help but like him.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/5/23/5...-turns-heel-eye-pokes-instagram-followers-mma

At the end of the day, regardless of heel or face, MMA needs more antics and more personalities. It would also help if some one builds up a long win streak against top competitors.

I find Dodson to be an extremely tedious tolerance exercise.

Do not want.

Dodson is an enigma. Every time I watch him I think to myself "if this was any one else but Dodson this guy would be annoying the crap out of me," yet because it's Dodson I find myself entertained and rooting for him. Damndest thing...oh well War Diddy Kong Dodson!

fun personality? i dont think ive ever seen a more annoying person. hes a great fighter tho

this. Cannot deny his athletic ability, definitely also goes after it in the fight. But man is he Annoying.

In MMA, to be a face, one has to get beat up and comeback in fights or be a hometown hero.
Dominant champs are almost always heels. (Rousey, Jones, Aldo, GSP, Cruz)

I think when you grow up being 5'3" but with amazing physical gifts you kind if need to develop a flashy personality to make sure people don't overlook you.

I can't judge someone that small, I think it changes your whole outlook, psychologically.

You want all fighters to have the same personalty, instead if just being themselves huh? Weird.

I find Dodson terribly immature. Does he have ADHD? I'm being genuine here.

I enjoy his fights though. Same deal with JBJ, don't like the dude but enjoy his fights.

In MMA, to be a face, one has to get beat up and comeback in fights or be a hometown hero.
Dominant champs are almost always heels. (Rousey, Jones, Aldo, GSP, Cruz)

You don't know what a heel is.

Aldo, GSP and Cruz are not heels.

Rowdy and Jones are heels.

I think when you grow up being 5'3" but with amazing physical gifts you kind if need to develop a flashy personality to make sure people don't overlook you.

I can't judge someone that small, I think it changes your whole outlook, psychologically.

There's a name for it... "Little man syndrome" or "Napoleon complex".

It's like a chihuahua, they are so fucking yappy and loud... To make themselves seem bigger than they really are. Dodson is the

everyone is gonna turn on you TS but I agree

people only care when theyre emotionally invested int he fighters

thats why GSP sells so many ppvs and more people talk about mcgoat than barao

Fun personality with awesome style to back it up. Big problem with UFC's new crop is that your really don't care about most fighters. UFC as a spectator sport still need to drama/storylines to make most people care for it.

UFC have heels like Bruce Leroy, Jones and the Diaz brothers, but you also do need some babyface that's fun to watch too.

lol youre kidding right?.................................right
only person more grating with a mic in front of them than Dodson

is well this guy
286342-tito-ortiz.jpg

I can really....................really do without hearing/seeing/having to endure any more of dodsons "personality"

Back