1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

Reports about bad ads should include the following:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
8. Date and Time of occurrence.

Refer to the instructions for your device on how to take screen shots

Why can't I post a thread?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Printmatic, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Printmatic

Printmatic Yellow Belt

I know I am new but I only signed up to provide Pool Sheets for MMA fans. I watch every UFC event and I am good with Photoshop. Me and my family use to fill out pool sheets for every event but none were made for the last few events. SO I made one for 119 myself.

I tried to post a new thread yesterday but it said a moderator must approve it or something like that. The message flashed so quickly that I couldn't read the entire thing. I seen new threads popping up every few seconds as fight night went on last night. So why do I have to be approved? Is it because I am new? And how long does it take to get approved?

I'm not really here to troll or anything, I just thought I could provide a service since nobody else was doing it. Any information will help. Thanks

2. dcb

dcb Black Belt

I think you need at least like 2 post. So you'll be a whitebelt.

Go make a post and in one of the fight discussion forums and after that it should let you.

3. Printmatic

Printmatic Yellow Belt

4. Optimvs**

Optimvs** Orange Belt

Couldn't open another thread, so I found one about the same issue.

It seems I'm unable to open a new topic. Is it due to the doble yellow or because I have too few posts?

If it's because the double yellow, is there any topic where I can make an appeal against this sanction? (which was handled in a bit of a rush imo)

5. Ronwah

Ronwah Knighthood pending Staff Member Senior Moderator

You can't make a new thread because of your double yellows. Those last for 30 days.

As for any appeal, I wouldn't fancy your chances on that one.

That is a section of the post that got you the infraction.

6. Optimvs**

Optimvs** Orange Belt

Yup, that's the phrase.

But before throwing in two yellows to a new user, imo a warning pointing out at the specific "fighter bashing" rule would have been far more appropriate.

Besides that, I have to disagree with you about defining what I said as "fighter bashing" . When someone gains tremendous ammounts of muscular mass in 3-4 years, when people reffer to him as "the guy who's muscles have muscles", I think that what I did is stating the obvious rather then bashing.

It doesn't take a leading astronomer to look at the sun and say "it's noon", right?

Of course, that's me looking at the issue from my side of the fence. Wouldn't mind hearing how you see it, given the fact that you have far more experience on this forum.

Sure, I would really appreciate if you would reconsider that double yellow, provided the fact that I'm not exactly the guy that cries "dope" about every other fighter. :wink: . That plus the fact that, after the double yellow pointed me to the "fighter bashing " rule, I dodged some flame baiting on the issue, in the very same topic.

7. Ronwah

It's up to the user to familiarise themselves with the forum rules to be honest.
    Steroid accusations are considered fighter bashing, whether you mean to be malicious or not.

Since you received the double yellow and familiarised yourself with that particular rule you still refereed to Overeem as OverVitamin.

So from that standpoint, I'm still not convinced you fully appreciate that rule. But if you can avoid further issues for a week or two I will consider revoking the yellows early.

8. Optimvs**

Optimvs** Orange Belt

Well, I was under the impression that humour is still valued here and there in our world. That was ment to make a bit of fun, to somehow counter the impression made by numerous fans calling him "the reem" and so on.

9. Ronwah

As I said, if humour is alluding to PED use, then no - it's still a no go. The reason there is pretty much zero tolerance on this rule is to avoid all the normal excuses.

Free speech
    In my opinion...
    It was a joke
    I didn't know

You would be surprised how few people make claims like that because the rule is stringently enforced.

10. Optimvs**

Optimvs** Orange Belt

You have to admit that "just stating the obvious" isn't on that list :icon_chee

Seriously now, the reason why I posted about the yellows is because I honestly believe that going straight to sanctions on new users, before issueing a warning, is a bit extreme and somehow uncalled for in this case.

I agree with you that reading the specific forum rules is the user's job, but I think you'll have to agree with me that it's hard to know which specific rules are severelly enforced without having a bit of experience on the board.

11. Ronwah

I understand what you are saying, but what constitutes a new poster? Posts or join date, your account is 5 months old which isn't very new, but you don't have a lot of posts, but you could just read more than you post. It gets a bit messy for me.

I'm still happy to revoke the yellows in 1-2 weeks if you avoid similar claims. Fair as I can be all things considered.

12. Optimvs**

Optimvs** Orange Belt

I totally understand your point. However, if you look at my posting history, you'll notice that my main interest on this board is K-1 and that it tends to center over major events. (as it also seems to be the case with the general activity on the K-1 section, tbh)

That's why the account is 5 months old but most posts are from yesterday and today.

Since probably the next spike will be in december with the K-1 Final 8 (unless something big happens in the meantime), I guess that lifting the sanction next week or on 1st november won't really matter.

But thanks anyway.

13. Nostromo

Nostromo Guest

Jeeez, gift horse and all that.

14. Fury

Fury in the flicker Staff Member Senior Moderator

I have never see someone refuse an offer to have their dubs end early.

15. TheEvilDead

TheEvilDead It's a trick, get an axe.

I've never even seen a mod offer to end them early, either. Ronwah is steppin' his game up.

16. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Hardcore Gangster Belt

I know, it is unbelievable.

Ron is good dude. Very, very fair. Even very nice actually.

17. pakiboy90

pakiboy90 White Belt