Why can't I post a thread?

Printmatic

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I know I am new but I only signed up to provide Pool Sheets for MMA fans. I watch every UFC event and I am good with Photoshop. Me and my family use to fill out pool sheets for every event but none were made for the last few events. SO I made one for 119 myself.

I tried to post a new thread yesterday but it said a moderator must approve it or something like that. The message flashed so quickly that I couldn't read the entire thing. I seen new threads popping up every few seconds as fight night went on last night. So why do I have to be approved? Is it because I am new? And how long does it take to get approved?

I'm not really here to troll or anything, I just thought I could provide a service since nobody else was doing it. Any information will help. Thanks

I think you need at least like 2 post. So you'll be a whitebelt.

Go make a post and in one of the fight discussion forums and after that it should let you.

Couldn't open another thread, so I found one about the same issue.

It seems I'm unable to open a new topic. Is it due to the doble yellow or because I have too few posts?

If it's because the double yellow, is there any topic where I can make an appeal against this sanction? (which was handled in a bit of a rush imo)

Couldn't open another thread, so I found one about the same issue.

It seems I'm unable to open a new topic. Is it due to the doble yellow or because I have too few posts?

If it's because the double yellow, is there any topic where I can make an appeal against this sanction? (which was handled in a bit of a rush imo)

You can't make a new thread because of your double yellows. Those last for 30 days.

As for any appeal, I wouldn't fancy your chances on that one.

Overeem is so pumped up with steroids and God knows what other stuff that he can just take without a problem hits that would put a good fighter to sleep

That is a section of the post that got you the infraction.

Yup, that's the phrase.

But before throwing in two yellows to a new user, imo a warning pointing out at the specific "fighter bashing" rule would have been far more appropriate.

Besides that, I have to disagree with you about defining what I said as "fighter bashing" . When someone gains tremendous ammounts of muscular mass in 3-4 years, when people reffer to him as "the guy who's muscles have muscles", I think that what I did is stating the obvious rather then bashing.

It doesn't take a leading astronomer to look at the sun and say "it's noon", right?

Of course, that's me looking at the issue from my side of the fence. Wouldn't mind hearing how you see it, given the fact that you have far more experience on this forum.

Sure, I would really appreciate if you would reconsider that double yellow, provided the fact that I'm not exactly the guy that cries "dope" about every other fighter. :wink: . That plus the fact that, after the double yellow pointed me to the "fighter bashing " rule, I dodged some flame baiting on the issue, in the very same topic.

It's up to the user to familiarise themselves with the forum rules to be honest.
Steroid accusations are considered fighter bashing, whether you mean to be malicious or not.

Since you received the double yellow and familiarised yourself with that particular rule you still refereed to Overeem as OverVitamin.

So from that standpoint, I'm still not convinced you fully appreciate that rule. But if you can avoid further issues for a week or two I will consider revoking the yellows early.

Since you received the double yellow and familiarised yourself with that particular rule you still refereed to Overeem as OverVitamin.

Well, I was under the impression that humour is still valued here and there in our world. That was ment to make a bit of fun, to somehow counter the impression made by numerous fans calling him "the reem" and so on.

As I said, if humour is alluding to PED use, then no - it's still a no go. The reason there is pretty much zero tolerance on this rule is to avoid all the normal excuses.

Free speech
In my opinion...
It was a joke
I didn't know

You would be surprised how few people make claims like that because the rule is stringently enforced.

You have to admit that "just stating the obvious" isn't on that list :icon_chee

Seriously now, the reason why I posted about the yellows is because I honestly believe that going straight to sanctions on new users, before issueing a warning, is a bit extreme and somehow uncalled for in this case.

I agree with you that reading the specific forum rules is the user's job, but I think you'll have to agree with me that it's hard to know which specific rules are severelly enforced without having a bit of experience on the board.

I understand what you are saying, but what constitutes a new poster? Posts or join date, your account is 5 months old which isn't very new, but you don't have a lot of posts, but you could just read more than you post. It gets a bit messy for me.

I'm still happy to revoke the yellows in 1-2 weeks if you avoid similar claims. Fair as I can be all things considered.

I totally understand your point. However, if you look at my posting history, you'll notice that my main interest on this board is K-1 and that it tends to center over major events. (as it also seems to be the case with the general activity on the K-1 section, tbh)

That's why the account is 5 months old but most posts are from yesterday and today.

Since probably the next spike will be in december with the K-1 Final 8 (unless something big happens in the meantime), I guess that lifting the sanction next week or on 1st november won't really matter.

But thanks anyway.

I've never even seen a mod offer to end them early, either. Ronwah is steppin' his game up.

Back