Why Canadians are so good in MMA and WMMA?

I'm a Canadian and this is what I've seen. I think ice hockey has a lot to do with it because that is our national sport and more men are into it than not. If you want to play hockey, you're gonna run into goons whether you like it or not and they'll do it in front of group of kids who are in the same age group, so we just end up sucking it up and try to earn respect by not backing off. That stuff is generations deep and I think that has helped. Hockey also requires good work ethic if you want to make the team and that also helped getting into mma imo.

Blame Firas.
20130414044551_204C96232.JPG

There are only so many nhl roster spots.

exactly. every canadian mma fan rallied behind their guy, now they have no one.

Strange thing you'll find with Canadians. They don't only like Canadian fighters. Believe me, if the UFC had a good card in Canada without one Canuck on it, the show would still sell out.

What are you talking about? Here is a list of some of the best Canadian MMA fighters in history

GSP
Rory MacDonald
TJ Grant
Carlos Newton
Mark Bocek
Mark Hominick
David Loiseau
Dennis Kang
Patrick Cote
Sam Stout
Gary Goodridge

Now compare that to some of the best fighters from California (which has a similar population size as Canada).

Dan Henderson
Chuck Liddell
Tito Ortiz
Nick Diaz
Nate Diaz
Josh Thomson
Gilbert Melendez
Uriah Faber
Jake Shields
Cain Velasquez
Frank Shamrock
Ronda Rousey
Chad Mendes

You decide, but I'd say there aren't that many good Canadian fighters.

California and Canada have similar sized populations and have produced a similar amount of UFC fighters.

Per capita it looks like we are equal with Americans and Brazilians. No better, no worse. These are the top three countries in mma.

Not sure about the rest, but in Quebec people fight more than in other places I know.
I'm pretty sure that every single person I know that grew up in Montreal is comfortable with fist fighting or was when they were a kid. My boss was just telling me about it last week and showing me his chipped teeth.
I guess you guys have more honour than the rest of Canada. In BC and Ontario it is custom to jump the dude at night by his house with 20 people.

Saying the US has more fighters than Canada, is like saying China has more soccer fans than Brazil. It's true, but you missed the point.

Don't you mean "MMMA and WMMA"?

That's the point, dude. Only inbred hill billies with Confederate flags on or about their person actually say 'Murica irl. It's used as a joke for false, overbearing patriotism associated with such idiots.

No.

There were a lot of acts of valor that should never be discussed as who did/died better, but at no point were Canadian soldiers widely regarded as the most fearsome in a near planetary conflict.

You could go with the Waffen SS, USMC divisons, Japanese kamikaze fighters, the Red Army, Finnish snipers, even commanders like Patton or Rommel that were feared by entire countries. But not Canadians.

The only people I think we can all agree were universally not the most fearsome troops in the war were the Italians. Sorry, Mario.

lol, ya you could but that should be dismissed along with the Canadian claim

Back