Why Canadians are so good in MMA and WMMA?

Uh yes plz take the time to shit on Canada, remember we only have 30million ppl here and we still have pumped out good fighters like GSP, Rory McDonald , Jordan Mein, Patrick Cote, Joe Doerkson , Jason McDonald and Ryan Ford, I'm aware that only one of those was ever champion however for how small are population is compared to "Murica" ( which sounds retarded) our output of fighters is pretty decent

That's the point, dude. Only inbred hill billies with Confederate flags on or about their person actually say 'Murica irl. It's used as a joke for false, overbearing patriotism associated with such idiots.

Canadians were widely regarded as the most fearsome troops in world war 2. Churchill and others have quotes reflecting this.

No.

There were a lot of acts of valor that should never be discussed as who did/died better, but at no point were Canadian soldiers widely regarded as the most fearsome in a near planetary conflict.

You could go with the Waffen SS, USMC divisons, Japanese kamikaze fighters, the Red Army, Finnish snipers, even commanders like Patton or Rommel that were feared by entire countries. But not Canadians.

The only people I think we can all agree were universally not the most fearsome troops in the war were the Italians. Sorry, Mario.

Id say Brazil wins the Nationalistic award within MMA.

They produce the best fighters, innovated a main principle art (bjj), not uncommon for a fighter to rep a flag and they always seemingly side by and stick up for each other.

Canada is well represented if you factor in country size.

The US will remain a staple in most major sporting events just because of size of population, funds, focus on athletics at a young age and well slavery did bring in some explosive and athletic genes to mix in the melting-pot .

They're not. GSP doesn't carry a whole country, sorry.

GSP is one of the candidates for GOAT but other than him they've had only one other male and one female champion in a major organization and neither had a long reign. They aren't doing bad in MMA but they aren't "So good" either

They're so good that they have no current champs.

HW: Cain Velasquez ('Murica)
LHW: Jon Jones ('Murica)
MW: Chris Weidman ('Murica)
WW: Johny Hendricks ('Murica)
LW: Anthony Pettis ('Murica)
FW: Jose Aldo (BR)
BW: Renan Barao (BR)
FlW: Demetrious Johnson ('Murica)
WBW: Ronda Rousey ('Murica)

Because only champions are considered good. :p

I'm not saying Canadians are or are not, however your rebuttal is very...whats the word....stupid...yes that it...very, very stupid.

Or you're being 'hilarious'...in which case, refer to my first point. :)

They're so good that they have no current champs.

HW: Cain Velasquez ('Murica)
LHW: Jon Jones ('Murica)
MW: Chris Weidman ('Murica)
WW: Johny Hendricks ('Murica)
LW: Anthony Pettis ('Murica)
FW: Jose Aldo (BR)
BW: Renan Barao (BR)
FlW: Demetrious Johnson ('Murica)
WBW: Ronda Rousey ('Murica)

While this is obviously not very well thought out, I'm not sure where TS gets his premise from either.

They were, its history, look it up.

Ok, guy.

They had one significant beach landing.

I'm just saying that you can't really compare the "toughness" of Canadian soldiers to the Ruskies or the Japanese during world war 2. Or really any country that saw significant damage within their borders.

Big ups for being on the right side of the war, but canada was never much more than part of the Allied supply chain.

You mean Americans right? There aren't any Canadian champions in the UFC. The only one was GSP and he's gone.

You mean Americans right? There aren't any Canadian champions in the UFC. The only one was GSP and he's gone.

Carlos Newton says hi.

x4etnd.jpghttp:

It`s just a natural transition from hockey...at first, many Canadians in MMA find it hard to throw punches not-in-skates, and without pulling a hockey jersey over their opponent's head, but they soon adjust. There might be a problem if someone ever threw a puck in the cage with a Canadian fighter in there...as that fighter would probably stop throwing punches and chase after it. Luckily, throwing pucks into the cage is illegal.

Jarl

It`s just a natural transition from hockey...at first, many Canadians in MMA find it hard to throw punches not-in-skates, and without pulling a hockey jersey over their opponent's head, but they soon adjust. There might be a problem if someone ever threw a puck in the cage with a Canadian fighter in there...as that fighter would probably stop throwing punches and chase after it. Luckily, throwing pucks into the cage is illegal.

Jarl

We don't love hockey THAT much!..

okay, I'm lying, yes we do.

Back