Why Canadians are so good in MMA and WMMA?

They're so good that they have no current champs.

HW: Cain Velasquez ('Murica)
LHW: Jon Jones ('Murica)
MW: Chris Weidman ('Murica)
WW: Johny Hendricks ('Murica)
LW: Anthony Pettis ('Murica)
FW: Jose Aldo (BR)
BW: Renan Barao (BR)
FlW: Demetrious Johnson ('Murica)
WBW: Ronda Rousey ('Murica)

The greatest fighter of all time came from Canada.

It's only a matter of a month or so before the next Canadian champion is crowned and the Canadian flag raised - on July 4 weekend no less.

I had to do some research to figure out who you were talking about.

The greatest fighter of all time came from Canada.

Fedor was Russian

But yes, the WW GOAT was Canadian. However, one fighter hardly carries an entire country.

Nor does one fighter make it acceptable to make a thread claiming that nations' fighters are "so good" lol

They are not. There is/was GSP. And, that's all she wrote.

bam. They have a few Decent fighters other than GSP and maybe one good one. They are behind USA and Brazil in MMA for sure, and probably a few other countries. Pretty sure they are not 3rd place. Minus GSP they may not be 6th place.

I don't know if Canadians are better than all other countries in mma, US is clearly the most dominat but I would say Canadians are far superior to Polynesians when it comes to fight sports.

Fedor was Russian

Cool story bro. The general consensus is that the top 3 is Fedor, GSP, Anderson.

GSP has the very best fight record of any of them, only lost twice and brutally avenged both of those losses. He also took on the best of the new breed of welterweights in Condit and Hendricks. No matter how you slice it, he is the GOAT.

Alexis Davis, who is Canadian, is fighting Rousey.

Oh, lol. I was running down the list of champs and who they were fighting next. Wmma didn't even cross my mind.

Alexis Davis, who is Canadian apparently, is fighting Rousey.

It'll look just like this, except it will be the UFC belt and a hockey puck.

Champion.jpg

But yes, the WW GOAT was Canadian. However, one fighter hardly carries an entire country.

Nor does one fighter make it acceptable to make a thread claiming that nations' fighters are "so good" lol

Yeah true, but the TS didn't really "claim" that. He simply asked why. Silly thread, I agree. But canadians are simply a tough group of people.

Yeah true, but the TS didn't really "claim" that. He simply asked why.

By phrasing it, "why are they so good" it gives the implication that they are "so good" and asks why that is.

It's not liked he asked, "Are Canadians so good? And if so, why?"

Which would be completely different.

Uh yes plz take the time to shit on Canada, remember we only have 30million ppl here and we still have pumped out good fighters like GSP, Rory McDonald , Jordan Mein, Patrick Cote, Joe Doerkson , Jason McDonald and Ryan Ford, I'm aware that only one of those was ever champion however for how small are population is compared to "Murica" ( which sounds retarded) our output of fighters is pretty decent

Yes but the thread isn't "why is Canada so decent at MMA" is it?

TJ Grant is really good. Definite title contender until he got derailed by injury.

Yeah true, but the TS didn't really "claim" that. He simply asked why. Silly thread, I agree. But canadians are simply a tough group of people.

I'd argue that most cultures, nationalities, etc. can make a claim that they are a tough group of people. Historically speaking, it is perceived that the cultures that have survived and thrived are essentially the tough ones, right?

lol...........don't have anything to add other than lol

Huh? I'd say Canada is underperforming.

Back