Why can no one admit that Diaz/Condit was a close fight?

I scored it 48-47 Diaz, rounds 1,2,5 going to him. But it was an extremely close fight and i can understand why people see Condit as the winner.

depends on how you score fights. diaz pressured the whole fight but condit was landing leg kicks constantly that diaz never checked. diaz landed some good punches and got the takedown in the 5th and took condits back which was the closest the fight was to being finished. great fight between two very good fighters. I scored it condit three rounds to two. could have gone either way. hope diaz worked on mixing his game up for gsp or itllll be the worst beatdown of the year.

Because it wasn't.

Either Diaz got gameplanned/dominated till the 5th or Condit ran away and never really engaged.

Depending on your viewpoint, the fight wasn't really that close either way. I didn't talk to anybody who wasn't sure about who won after the fight.

*cough*1,2,5*cough*

Because Nick literally did almost nothing until the end of the 5th

What it was? Shitty. Why are you guys still talking about a shitty fight?

I was pretty stunned by the decision.

It was a close fight but Nick Diaz lost
Even if he had won he would have got suspended anyway for smoking chronic

He is getting his chance to fight GSP so people should really let this go and look forward to GSP vs Diaz

I wanted Nick to win and was expecting him to pull it out.
The fight was close but I think Condit won

No one dominated.

Condit earned the win.

It was a point fighting match, not a beat down.

As 2 of my favorite fighters, I was not real impressed with either guy. That's a fight I have had no interest in rewatching.

Super close. I still give the edge to Diaz, i'm one of the few who probably watched with no bias being that i'm a big fan of both.

No one but the Condit fans are saying it wasn't close. It was an extremely close fight but I think the argument for the winner is Diaz's aggression versus Condit's.. scoring. And thus it's a split between two types of fans.

Personally, I liked the fight. It wasn't amazing, but it was a decent fight. I thought Condit won rounds 1, 3, and 4. But really, the only rounds that were obviously won by either fighter were round 2 for Diaz and round 4 by Condit. The other 3 rounds were razor close.

Back