Why can no one admit that Diaz/Condit was a close fight?

I'm a Condit fan and I admit it was close, I was alright with Condit winning but I had it scored a draw if I remember, probably gonna rewatch it soon.

i think only frankie and gray's fan can accept with "close fight"

that's kind of funny because Diaz has been in numerous close fights. Of course this is his never his fault, just like him blowing title chances, him failing to get licensed, him being able to stop smoking weed or him ever being able to make in cage adjustments.

It was a close fight (on paper/points) In which case I think because of the lame game plan implemented by Condit which was in fact point fighting, because of this tactic it should have been at best for Condit, a draw.

But, as a Diaz fan, I am over it, but these threads keep popping up hard to avoid.

IMO at this point the fight did more damage to Condit's(rep) than it did to Diaz taking a loss.

Diaz got his title shot anyway. And Condit's tactics will be remembered for awhile.

Close fight, Nick clearly won rounds 2 and 5 with Condit clearly getting the 4th. I don't think that can be argued.

1 and 3 were close and could have gone either way but if you factor in octagon control etc I would probably give both to Diaz.

I have no idea how people can say it wasn't close, the majority of pros thought Diaz won and he outstruck him to the head and body with Condit getting more leg kicks but there was absolutely no power in those kicks so they really shouldn't be so significant in the scoring.

It was somewhat close but I thought Nick Diaz clearly won.

the majority of the 10,000 people in attendance that night thought diaz won.

The same people who chug copious amounts of beer, chant "USA! USA!" any time there's a brown guy in the ring, and boo whenever any grappling takes place? Yeah, no thanks, don't care for their opinion at all.

All i know is it was a fight many predicted would be a fight of the year candidate. Then, because of the way Condit chose to fight, it ended up being an over-hyped borefest.

because they want to try and make arguments for fun

It wasnt a close fight. Condit was in control for all but a few minutes of the fight. Diaz followed him around while taking damage and not dealing any out. The decision was pretty easy to call

This. Condit fought his fight, and Nick got frustrated. The judges got it right.

It wasn't as close as Diaz fans like to pretend it was. Condit worked his gameplan, and he won the fight. A lot of people may not have liked Condit's gameplan, but it was a smart way to fight a guy that (on paper) is better in every aspect of his game. Diaz was just looking to stand and trade, but a smart fighter isn't going to do that unless it's to his advantage. Regardless of how much Diaz tried to goad or taunt him, Condit stuck to his gameplan and clearly frustrated Diaz.

It was a close fight, in my opnion condit won. BTW, condit got his title shot and lost, now Nick Diaz will have his title shot too and everybody will be happy, both got the title shot and both will be dominated by GSP that will keep the belt.

Back