Why can’t we respect Conor’s huge Accomplishments at Featherweight?

Well, he wanted Aldo and Edgar first, but they both turned him down (Aldo because he needed more time to prepare Edgar because of a rib injury.) Diaz was the third choice.
Cerrone fought 2 weeks prior and won in the 1st round without taking much damage. Nate was chosen cause he was supposed to be an easy fight.

In terms of acomplishments. He's not there but I truly believe ( unless max proves otherwise in a rematch ) that Conor is the best featherweight on the planet.

Max very well could be right now and he certainly wasn't prime when they fought but a loss is a loss.

Jose and max are the most accomplished fw s ever and are certainly top 3 all time but I think Conor is top

Because any elite fighter can go one one great run if they're there at the right time and place, but no one respects someone who doesn't stick around to actually prove that he's the best after an easy path to the top.

Everyone loses on a long-enough timeline, that's why Conor's legacy at FW isn't even 1/10 of Aldo's. Not everyone defends against all comers though. Only one champ in the history of the sport was low enough to never even attempt to. Champions exist to pay forward the opportunity that they were given. Conor only takes fights where he has nothing to lose and everything to gain though. Pathetic.

Why can't we look at the reality and judge it for what it is/was.

1. Conor is a good fighter who was a great salesman. His popularity was what propelled him to the UFC title. He had a FW title shot with 1 top 10 win (Dustin Poirier). Beat a handpicked Mendes on no notice when Frankie was more deserving. Mendes had lost to Aldo a second time Frankie only once and it had been a long time. Made no sense to book Mendes other then he was a better choice for Conor.

2. Fighting Nate was not fighting a Welterweight. Conor did not jump up 2 weight classes. Nate is a LW, Conor is a LW. they simply did not dehydrate themselves. TJ made 125 but he is not a FlyWeight he is a BW. Conor was doing the same thing getting close to death to fight "Midgets" as he said himself. When he got to the LW division he won one fight.

3. Aldo is the top FW in UFC history, Max is 2nd. Frankie Edgar is 8-3 at FW with 2 losses to Aldo and one to Ortega but he has a better resume at FW then Conor with more top 5 wins. Conor is top 5 no doubt as a UFC FW.
Nate's a lightweight like Nick Is a lightweight though. Nick can also fight at 155 pounds, he's said as much himself. But he has the frame that he can also fight at WW or MW. Nate is basically the same. He really only makes 155 by starving himself / eating raw vegan.

I'd say the first fight he was 180ish, but 2nd he had to be around 190. Nate can be a good sized WW if he chose to be, I'd actually prefer him there as well.

Had those fights happened at 155, It woudn't have been the fight It was.

Because any elite fighter can go one one great run if they're there at the right time and place, but no one respects someone who doesn't stick around to actually prove that he's the best after an easy path to the top.

Everyone loses on a long-enough timeline, that's why Conor's legacy at FW isn't even 1/10 of Aldo's. Not everyone defends against all comers though. Only one champ in the history of the sport was low enough to never even attempt to. Champions exist to pay forward the opportunity that they were given. Conor only takes fights where he has nothing to lose and everything to gain though. Pathetic.
I'd agree that his accomplishments at FW while good don't warrant a title of anything close to FW Goat.

The last line is pure irrational haterism though. Taking fights on short notice against a completely different style opponent multiple times, you have a lot to lose. There's a reason why Jones and others don't take short notice fights, It's a risk. Moving up to fight RDA for the belt, huge risk. Fighting Nate in the rematch after losing In embarrassing fashion, huge risk and a lot to lose, nearly everything at that point. Khabib fight, again..huge risk, coming back after 2 years, biggest payday of his life. A lot to lose.

Now, I really don't give a shit..but when I hear fans say shit like this, I have to comment on the absurdity of it. It's the reason why haters are worse than the fanboys.

Cerrone fought 2 weeks prior and won in the 1st round without taking much damage. Nate was chosen cause he was supposed to be an easy fight.

He was chosen because he was believed to be the more exciting fight. Aldo and Edgar were the two that meant the most, so with them out they went with what they thought would be the most entertaining bout instead.

Chad, Aldo and Poirier were his only top wins at the weight. Siver was an 11-15 guy. Brandao and Brimage were nobodies. Max was 20yo, in his 3rd year of MMA, had just lost to Bermudez and wasnt even top 30 ranked

Chad was the only wrestler he fought and on very short notice and was beating him down for most of the fight. He managed to avoid guys like Bermudez, Lamas, Frankie etc. Siver matchup was always a joke. He shouldve had to fight the winner of Lamas/Bermudez
The whole narrative of max was shit compared to now is weak why ? Because he hasn't lost since ... has he gotten better since sure , but to say that he was terrible he actually had more octogon experience than conor going into that fight.

And he was hitting his stride obviously by him not losing since the conor fight so this whole he was just a kid thing is you guys down playing Conors victory nothing new it was my favorite fight of his to be honest .

From what I remember Conor is an undefeated UFC FW who finished one of The guys fighting next week.

He took out José Aldo in one shot, he finished almost all his opponents.

Conor looked unstoppable at FW and fought top competition all the way through.

He only got destroyed at WW and LW.

Why can’t we just remember Conor as one of the greatest FW of all time who got a bit too ambitious?

Conor’s nuthuggers have removed all possibilities of looking at Conor’s career objectively a long time ago.

Volkanovsky and Zabit would beat him down. Just never had the push the UFC gave Conor. Conor is the male Rousey. Ortega probably taps him. Max would wreck him in his current form, any weight class. You marks are the target audience.
If you said this to any fighter, they'd laugh in your face. Only a fan could be so irrationally stupid but confirmation bias does some shit

Nate's a lightweight like Nick Is a lightweight though. Nick can also fight at 155 pounds, he's said as much himself. But he has the frame that he can also fight at WW or MW. Nate is basically the same. He really only makes 155 by starving himself / eating raw vegan.

I'd say the first fight he was 180ish, but 2nd he had to be around 190. Nate can be a good sized WW if he chose to be, I'd actually prefer him there as well.

Had those fights happened at 155, It woudn't have been the fight It was.
Nate had 30 fights and 6 were not at LW. Nate lost 3 or those 6. One was a Catch Weight against Rory Markham, Marcus Davis (also a LW). The only actual WW he fought were Kim & McDonald and he was destroyed. Nate is a LW.
Nick says a lot of shit but it doesn't make it so. Nick had 37 Pro fights. How many LW fights does he have? Three is the answer and he won 1 (two if you count the NC vs Gomi)
Nick is not a LW.

If you said this to any fighter, they'd laugh in your face. Only a fan could be so irrationally stupid but confirmation bias does some shit
Yeah right poser. You pretend to not be a nuthugger and defend connor at every criticism posters make. How's it confirmation bias when none of those fighters will get a chance to fight him. Your post makes no fucking sense moron.

Those fighters absolutely know the score.

Last edited:
From what I remember Conor is an undefeated UFC FW who finished one of The guys fighting next week.

He took out José Aldo in one shot, he finished almost all his opponents.

Conor looked unstoppable at FW and fought top competition all the way through.

He only got destroyed at WW and LW.

Why can’t we just remember Conor as one of the greatest FW of all time who got a bit too ambitious?

whos we? speak for yourself

The whole narrative of max was shit compared to now is weak why ? Because he hasn't lost since ... has he gotten better since sure , but to say that he was terrible he actually had more octogon experience than conor going into that fight.

And he was hitting his stride obviously by him not losing since the conor fight so this whole he was just a kid thing is you guys down playing Conors victory nothing new it was my favorite fight of his to be honest .

Max didnt fight a ranked fighter for 2 years after the Conor fight. He lost to Dennis Bermudez literally months before the Conor fight and arguably robbed Leonard Garcia of all ppl of a win the fight before that. 2013 Max is not close to an elite fighter

Back