Why Buakaw does not cut weight?

lets get things clear.

1. I never said Yodvicha is a alltime great. I just said scoring is different in muay thai and K1 and took him as an example.

2. Its isnt 2006 anymore , Buakaw fought the best foreigners NOW he is fighting cans.

lets get things clear.

1. I never said Yodvicha is a alltime great. I just said scoring is different in muay thai and K1 and took him as an example.

2. Its isnt 2006 anymore , Buakaw fought the best foreigners NOW he is fighting cans.

Even calling the guys he's fighting now cans is offline. You just don't know who they are because you don't know many of the thai fighters in other country's. Vitaly Gurkov beat Enriko Gogokhia and Dhzabar Askerov yet they called him a can a nobody while he is easily in the top 3 of his country and one of the best in the world.

Yeah but you trying to disrespect his merit's is not cool either

Just getting a little bit mad when the weekly " buakaw is the greatest muay thai fighter" thread pops up.

was a big pre thai fight buakaw fan.

Last edited:
Even calling the guys he's fighting now cans is offline. You just don't know who they are because you don't know many of the thai fighters in other country's. Vitaly Gurkov beat Enriko Gogokhia and Dhzabar Askerov yet they called him a can a nobody while he is easily in the top 3 of his country and one of the best in the world.

have to admit that i forgot about the gurkov fight.
i know pretty good who Vitaly is, he beat Kem at the IFMA worldchampionship. great clincher.

lets say he mostly fight cans and put on some embarrassing demo fights in the last time.

have to admit that i forgot about the gurkov fight.
i know pretty good who Vitaly is, he beat Kem at the IFMA worldchampionship. great clincher.

lets say he mostly fight cans and put on some embarrassing demo fights in the last time.

Agreed as of late in his exhibitions. Buakaw ANGER GRRRRRR lol

I have to agree with Buakaw never been the best in Full Muay Thai, but he is (to me) one of the GOAT in kickboxing (along with Giorgio and Souwer...gapgap.....Masato).

The man has done a lot in getting people interested in FMT and Kickboxing. The past years has really hurt his credibility as a fighter. Although I would love to see him take on the top dogs again (after some hard fights), Buakaw should retire soon. He deserved that much, I'm sure he would have done that already if he wasn't infected by some parasites.

According to Sherdog Buakao is either the g.o.a.t and better than Samart and Saenchai or he's a average grade C Muaythi fighter that got lucky by winning K-1 and can't hole a glove to most other stadium fighters.
He wasn't the best in the stadiums, not Yod Muay level like a Samart or Saenchai. He was no slouch though either and held his own wi a lot of decent names, he koed Sakadpet who went on to win RAtchadamnern, Lumpini and Mitisubishi tournament title, he was Thailand champion, ranked number one at Lumpini for a while and fought a lot of other decent names and beat more an a few. As for that list that would excel against him, he fought Oromo twice and lost on pts, wouldn't have been far off his level though to fight him twice! Yodsaenklai on the other hand got Koed by Orono twice. He also foug Chalee on there and there are quite a few others in that list that are well below Buakao in terms of level and achievements in stadiums.
THIS

People either dickride or hate on Buakaw. There is some middle ground...

Instead of top 100, would Buakaw be top 10 for his era in kickboxing or MT? He looks like a very good athlete to me.

Lately, I've been toying with the possibility of a top 10 decade by decade analysis to try and focus which fights and fighters I should be watching. I have one for boxing:
1890-1900
1.Bob Fitzsimmons
2.George Dixon
3.Terry McGovern
4.Young Griffo
5.Jack McAullife
6.Tommy Ryan
7.Nonpareil Jack Dempsey
8.Jimmy Barry
9.Charlie Mitchell
10.Jim Corbett

1900-1910s

1.Sam Langford
2.Joe Gans
3.Abe Attell
4.Joe Walcott
5.Jack Johnson
6.Stanley Ketchel
7.James Jeffries
8.Battling Nelson
9.Terry McGovern
10.Jim Driscoll

1910s

1.Jimmy Wilde
2.Johnny Kilbane
3.Georges Carpentier
4.Ted Lewis
5.Jack Britton
6.Freddie Welsh
7.Benny Leonard
8.Jack Johnson
9.Harry Wills
10.Jim Driscoll

1920s

1. Harry Greb
2. Benny Leonard
3. Gene Tunney
4. Mickey Walker
5. Pancho Villa
6. Tommy Loughran
7. Jack Dempsey
8. Bud Taylor
9. Tony Canzoneri
10. Tiger Flowers

1930s

1. Henry Armstrong
2. Joe Louis
3. Barney Ross
4. Tony Canzoneri
5. Jimmy McLarnin
6. Freddie Steele
7. Panama Al Brown
8. Benny Lynch
9. Jack Berg
10. Kid Chocolate

1940s

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Ezzard Charles
3. Willie Pep
4. Joe Louis
5. Ike Williams
6. Manuel Ortiz
7. Sandy Saddler
8. Billy Conn
9. Jake LaMotta
10. Marcel Cerdan

1950s

1. Sugar Ray Robinson
2. Archie Moore
3. Kid Gavilan
4. Rocky Marciano
5. Pascual Perez
6. Sandy Saddler
7. Gene Fullmer
8. Carmen Basilio
9. Joe Brown
10. Harold Johnson

1960s

1. Eder Jofre
2. Muhammad Ali
3. Carlos Ortiz
4. Emile Griffith
5. Fighting Harada
6. Nino Benvenuti
7. Vicente Saldivar
8. Ruben Olivares
9. Dick Tiger
10. Flash Elorde

1970s

1. Roberto Duran
2. Carlos Monzon
3. Jose Napoles
4. Alexis Arguello
5. Miguel Canto
6. Wilfredo Gomez
7. Carlos Zarate
8. Muhammad Ali
9. Bob Foster
10. Yoko Gushiken

1980s

1. Sugar Ray Leonard
2. Marvin Hagler
3. Salvador Sanchez
4. Michael Spinks
5. Tommy Hearns
6. Julio Cesar Chavez
7. Mike Tyson
8. Aaron Pryor
9. Larry Holmes
10. Jeff Chandler

1990s

1. Pernell Whitaker
2. Roy Jones Jr.
3. James Toney
4. Evander Holyfield
5. Julio Cesar Chavez
6. Bernard Hopkins
7. Felix Trinidad
8. Ricardo Lopez
9. Oscar De La Hoya
10. Terry Norris

2000s

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
3. Bernard Hopkins
4. Erik Morales
5. Joe Calzaghe
6. Juan Manuel Marquez
7. Roy Jones Jr.
8. Marco Antonio Barrera
9. Rafael Marquez
10. Pongsaklek Wonjongkam
And I'd like to fix up something similar for kickboxing and MT. I came up with a bunch of names but I'm not sure how I'd rank them yet p4p.

MT '00: Saenchai, Sudsakorn, Buakaw, Pajonsuk, Yodsanklai, Khem, Namsaknoi, Anuwat,
MT'90: Dekker, Coban, Jomhod, Sakmongkol, Ubeda, Dany Bill, Jongsanan, Orono, Samkor, Hippolyte, Boonlai, Santiennoi, Rambo
MT'80s: Dieselnoi, Samart, Sagat, Nanfah, Pol
MT'70s: Poot Lorlek
MT'60s: Apidej Sit Hirun
KB'10: Petrosyan
KB'00: Badr Hari, Schilt, Sower, Spong, Bonjasky, Le Banner, Buakaw, Zambidis, JWP, Kraus, Masato
KB'90: Dekkers, Hoost, Hug, Longinidis, Cikatic, Roufus, Aerts, Manson Gibson, Kaman, Ballantine, Petridis,
KB'80: Don Wilson, Alexio, Joe Lewis, Benny Urquidez, Maurice Smith, Jean-Yves Theriault, Rob Kaman, Pete Cunningham, William Blinky Rodriguez
KB'70: Tadashi Sawamura, Noboru Osawa, Toshio Fujiwara,

What do you guys think? Do you ever do this to get a picture of an era in your mind or compare different eras?

Last edited:
I think Jack Johnson needs to be number 1 in both of those columns. Besides that it's a great idea and you should run with it.

Yes but we 've gone a off-topic my question was why he does not cut weight?

Yes but we 've gone a off-topic my question was why he does not cut weight?

Again , he is 70 Kg and was fighting in a 70 kg tournament. no need to cut for him.

maybe he has a hard time gaining more weight.

Again , he is 70 Kg and was fighting in a 70 kg tournament. no need to cut for him.

maybe he has a hard time gaining more weight.

Maybe he can't gain weight and then cut it you are right, but he is always fighting bigger opponents

He fights where the money is.

Maybe you are right,he was fine fighting for THAI FIGHT ,why would he break their contact with them by fighting for another organization and get in courts?

Maybe you are right,he was fine fighting for THAI FIGHT ,why would he break their contact with them by fighting for another organization and get in courts?

For more money? He also rivaled Thai fight by starting his own promotion.

Im sure Buakaw cuts weight today.

When he was supposed to fight Pinca earlier this year it was going to be at 68. If he only walks at 69 or 70 then why not just make it 67? Easy cut for him and a weight Pinca can make no problem.

I believe what the Sitsongpeenong owner says which is he walks at 73 kilograms.

If he's walking round at 73kg, 67 should be achievable. I'm not sure what happened with the Pinca fight, maybe his management didn't want it. I wouldn't be surprised if he has little say in anything to do with who he fights.

Back