Why bring up Duffy loss?

I dont agree. Also it has to be taken to account that Conor was not training for Mendes,who was a completley different fighter than Aldo.

10 weeks of training wouldn't have helped him against Mendes. He got taken down multiple times against a guy who gassed after 1 round. He most likely would have been brutally TKO'd by GnP against a Mendes who had a proper camp and conditioning to go 5 rounds like he normally has.

10 weeks of training wouldn't have helped him against Mendes. He got taken down multiple times against a guy who gassed after 1 round. He most likely would have been brutally TKO'd by GnP against a Mendes who had a proper camp and conditioning to go 5 rounds like he normally has.

Thats one theory :p at the time i thought that it would be cool to see a rematch,but after he starched aldo,and mendes got starched by pillow fists,i dont see mendes giving conor a hard time anymore

Conor has since learned from that and is getting BJJ lessons by Nate this weekend

4 years ago:

original

The same reason people think Cerrone's loss to Diaz is relevant.

So they have some semblance of a point, no matter how right or wrong.

Do you guys really believe Conor is still same fighter that lost to Duffy? I don't think noob Conor could have beat Aldo. Conor is totally different animal today.
It probably happened a lot in the build up to the RDA fight, when Conor's fluffers kept using the Jeremy Stephens fight as a reference for Conor knocking out RDA. Works both ways.

Why bring it up? To bring all the Conor fanboys back to reality, you know the ones that believe that Conor cannot be beaten.

Now, just to throw a little more salt in their wounds- he will never be a Floyd Mayweather and retire undefeated from his sport.

It is known that Conor haters are fuckheads who won't listen to rhyme or reason.

It probably happened a lot in the build up to the RDA fight, when Conor's fluffers kept using the Jeremy Stephens fight as a reference for Conor knocking out RDA. Works both ways.
Nah, Aldo's fluffers were bringing that shit up before Aldo tucked tail the first time they were scheduled to fight.

Thats one theory :p at the time i thought that it would be cool to see a rematch,but after he starched aldo,and mendes got starched by pillow fists,i dont see mendes giving conor a hard time anymore

Just out of interest, which do you rate as a better win over Mendes? Conor's or Frankie's?

You brought it up OP. You started this thread.

Nah, Aldo's fluffers were bringing that shit up before Aldo tucked tail the first time they were scheduled to fight.
Ah I see, because Conor's fluffers are level headed and realistic right? Gotcha.

It's just how it goes around here. Not too different from people bringing up Anderson's loss to Chonan back in the the day.

To keep people from trying to make Conor out to be unbeatable.

I'm not even a Conor fan, but bringing up a fight from years ago is pointless. Show me a single top 5 male fighter without a loss...you could argue Bones and Askren (If you rank Askren that highly), but if you fight enough you will eventually lose. That's life.

People still bring up Nick Diaz's win over Robbie Lawler from 2004

People will say anything to drive their point home.

Back