why boxing belt looks so stupid compared to ufc belts

wbc-boxing.jpg

ufc-belt-6.jpg

Ufc belt designed to appeal to virgins

hardcoretitle.jpg

Best title ever

I also always wondered why the UFC doesn't have different designs for the titles of each weight class. Obviously you keep enough in common that they're still identifiable as UFC titles, but enough variation that each one seems distinct. It seems like easy merchandising.

I also always wondered why the UFC doesn't have different designs for the titles of each weight class. Obviously you keep enough in common that they're still identifiable as UFC titles, but enough variation that each one seems distinct. It seems like easy merchandising.

Do you know how much money that would cost Chael.

The boxing fans care to tell me what's the reason behind the green?

I like it, UFCs belt look cheap compared imo

Both look like shit.

We need spinning shit on the belts, bunch of colours - and the HW Belt should say "BADDEST MAN ON THE FUCKING PLANET".

Personally, I think big, obnoxious belts are kind of a stupid prize in general. What's wrong with a nice-looking trophy like every other sport? Or a crown like in the Greek pankration days?

It's not like anyone other than Tim Sylvia actually wears the things.

Or all three.

hunt.jpg

I always liked the K-1 belts. Look straight up medieval...
000921b.jpg

568230e6199ae7f94390d2201759d8e4--k-kickboxing-jiu-jitsu.jpg

000232b.jpg

Boxing belts on the whole are not great. The IBF one someone posted is pretty classy, but let down by velcro strap on the back.

MMA belts in general are better, but the UFC's isn't the greatest. Pro wrestling belts were in the 90s, now they are awful.

I decided to look them up after reading your post. Good lord, they've uglified those things. The old WWF belts from the 80s were legendary.

The 1988 version:
0738bcce5242accf75e7b7a57f4be3a3.jpg

Now, this shit:

W07718.jpg

you ain't wrong the current wwe belts are ugly AF the ones olds were so much better it ain't even funny

the winged eagle which is what you posted

the smokin skull
stone-cold-smoking-skull-belt-9.jpg

and the old heavyweight championship were some of the best imo

WWF%20Attitude%20Era.jpg

you ain't wrong the current wwe belts are ugly AF the ones olds were so much better it ain't even funny

the winged eagle which is what you posted

the smokin skull
stone-cold-smoking-skull-belt-9.jpg

and the old heavyweight championship were some of the best imo

WWF%20Attitude%20Era.jpg

While searching for a photo of the various 80s WWF belts, I read something interesting; apparently they first made the really large belt (I believe the second one you posted there) because Hogan and Andre the Giant were about to meet, and in anticipation of a possible Andre champion they needed a belt more relative to his size. Obviously, going forward, the oversized belts became the standard.

Because those organisations are a he'll of a lot older then the ufc's, which are more modern and flashy looking like the era in which they came.

Personally I prefer some of the boxing belts. As above the ibf belt is one of the more better looking titles.

Back