Why bellator fights are so boring

Storley vs. Neiman!!!! They literally fought each other not that far apart so both were healthy. At least Neiman is fighting since he fought once a year before this year
I fear I will die without ever watching that fight...

I fear I will die without ever watching that fight...
I think it's perfect as the next fight for both guys. Both got a pretty soft landing after a loss now get them both back in there against the other to be a real credible win to get a title shot off of. Jackson/Amosov hasn't been announced yet (assuming that's the direction they go) and neither guy took much damage so the timeline works.

I mean if you're basing it off of the prelims, then there's your answer.

Bellator prelims are usually pretty low level considering it's no better than a regional event's main card and a lot of guys with less than five fights.

There aren’t any stakes.

Every UFC fight is absolutely crucial to the fighters involved. Either they are trying to impress to work their way up the ladder, fighting to keep their job, or just trying to get bonus— the fights always have stakes. With Bellator nothing is on line, winning and losing doesnt hold the same weight
There aren't much stakes to UFC either. The big picture is who gets the honor to be KTFO by Jake Paul next. No one gives a fuck about the UFC belts anymore. They got made irrelevant since Jake Paul started knocking out all the UFC goats and proved to be the best fighter on the planet.

I usually skip Bellator Prelims, but main event are miss and hits like any other combat sports.

There aren't much stakes to UFC either. The big picture is who gets the honor to be KTFO by Jake Paul next. No one gives a fuck about the UFC belts anymore. They got made irrelevant since Jake Paul started knocking out all the UFC goats and proved to be the best fighter on the planet.

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

It depends on how much the UFC thinks they can market you, tbh. Paddy got a gimme fight because they see dollar signs all around him and Garry is getting a joke of a fight because they know they can market the shit out of him in Europe.

Also, I dont think Lemminger is a horrible opponent, he isnt some regional bum; he is better than Jordan Williams, for example. Neiman is just a horrible match up for him.

He did get finished by the pretty average Jason Witt prior to joining Bellator, I'm not so sure he beats Williams

He did get finished by the pretty average Jason Witt prior to joining Bellator, I'm not so sure he beats Williams
I guess we'll never know. We'll have to agree to disagree, I think at the bare minimum they are at the same level. The point is, Neiman destroys Lemminger and gets 0 credit because he sucks, but just wait for Garry to beat Williams to see the hype train.

I think it's perfect as the next fight for both guys. Both got a pretty soft landing after a loss now get them both back in there against the other to be a real credible win to get a title shot off of. Jackson/Amosov hasn't been announced yet (assuming that's the direction they go) and neither guy took much damage so the timeline works.
Its a perfect fight in all senses, ranking-wise, styllistically, the timeline fits, winner would be propelled to a titleshot or title eliminator. I think its a grapplers dream.

I guess we'll never know. We'll have to agree to disagree, I think at the bare minimum they are at the same level. The point is, Neiman destroys Lemminger and gets 0 credit because he sucks, but just wait for Garry to beat Williams to see the hype train.

Tbf I think it's more natural for it to get hype when it's a new guy, it has that "whoa, who the fuck is that guy?" feeling for people.

I'll admit I was far more excited by the Parish KO than Neiman's one.

Tbf I think it's more natural for it to get hype when it's a new guy, it has that "whoa, who the fuck is that guy?" feeling for people.

I'll admit I was far more excited by the Parish KO than Neiman's one.
Parish walked through Edwards and knocked him TFO cold. Plus, he has a marketable personality and it was an absolute shocker. So, yeah Im a big Neiman fan but this one was more impressive, given that I expected Neiman to dominate Lemminger.

Parish walked through Edwards and knocked him TFO cold. Plus, he has a marketable personality and it was an absolute shocker. So, yeah Im a big Neiman fan but this one was more impressive, given that I expected Neiman to dominate Lemminger.

That's why I think Garry will get more hype assuming he smashes Williams. We're expecting it, but most people (even in the heavies) don't know him.

Of course, the UFC has the best collection of fighters by a mile. Their belts are the most important ones. At the same time, it has taken years of a very effective marketing machine. Fans have been indoctrinated for years to associate the UFC with the best. So, whether those fighters are the best or not fans will always care about the UFC more because its more meaningful.

Fans will always care more about fighters they, either know or feel they are part of something more important. To give you an example, a lot of people might watch Romero or Davis in the UFC but not in Bellator because they dont think they are as important anymore. Bellator needs to build more prestige around their brand, they are definitely above reginal promotions or even PFL tournament champs, but still nowhere near the UFC.

Only boring if MVP is the main event and gets gifted wins by running and hopping away from his opponent

The issue with Bellator has nothing to do with the UFC. One, Rizin, PFL all put on good shows. Bellator is just bad. I can’t quite put my finger on it either.

Back