Why aren't there any Johnson vs Dodson threads

Because theyre gonna be passed over as flyweights. Which is a damn shame as the first fight was awesome.

I have no interest in the weak, the shallow division makes it worse. They would be defeated by a top 50 lightweight with ease.

I'm going to watch, but I don't know if there's really much to discuss at this point.

Because theyre gonna be passed over as flyweights. Which is a damn shame as the first fight was awesome.

Yep, I don't expect this one to be any different. Should be fun to watch and those that dismiss the lighter weightclasses are more obsessed with fighters than the fights in many cases. MMA has a serious case of rabid fanboyism. Nothing wrong with being a fan of a fighter, but you should allow that to preclude you from enjoying other fights. I'm glad they brought in smaller weightclasses and women, it's just more fights to enjoy. Are there going to be stinkers in there...certainly. But the same has been true of every MMA event since it's inception, regardless of weightclass or lack thereof.

Yep, I don't expect this one to be any different. Should be fun to watch and those that dismiss the lighter weightclasses are more obsessed with fighters than the fights in many cases. MMA has a serious case of rabid fanboyism. Nothing wrong with being a fan of a fighter, but you should allow that to preclude you from enjoying other fights. I'm glad they brought in smaller weightclasses and women, it's just more fights to enjoy. Are there going to be stinkers in there...certainly. But the same has been true of every MMA event since it's inception, regardless of weightclass or lack thereof.

Absolutely. Granted 125 suffers from the same problem as 135W, in that there is one top level champ and everyone else isnt quite at their level, but you have to let these things develop.

With it being a smaller division, people just dismiss it completely. 145 is finally getting its due thanks to the exposure Conor is bringing, but this is still an issue.

Heavyweight is garbage and arguably the weakest division, but nobody bats an eyelid. Mark Hunt is ranked and the guy showed the ground game of a quadriplegic against Miocic in his last fight..

I think part of it is because Dodson hasn't looked stellar recently so I'm guessing many people assume MM will win easily.

The first fight was great and I'm looking forward to the rematch

I hope Dodson beats MM so we can have an entertaining champion, but i don't care much about Flyweights so the result really doesn't matter to me.

I'll watch the first 2 rounds of the fight and if MM is doing his usual run around and jab/kick/fake/sound effects then i'll turn it off or fall asleep.

Dodson has a good chance to KO MM if he's been training well and studying MM's movement since the first fight but it's still not that interesting to me.

I wish it was but i just can't get into Flyweights. Too much movement, not enough fighting.
Now Ravden is going to roast me, haha. He loves MM, but that's cool.

Caus nobody cares about anything below 145 lbs.

Because we're real men and flyweights aren't real men because they are shorter and weigh less than most of us. Oh and we could beat all the flyweights in the world because most of us, although we have little to no training in MMA, are bigger than them. Did I get that right majority of sherdog? :rolleyes:

I'm personally looking forward to the fight. Not enough to make threads about it because I rarely if ever make threads about anything, but I'll definitely be watching. I maybe one of the few, but I think both Dodson and DJ could challenge TJ for the title.

Jack Slack thinks is the most complete fighter in all of MMA and likes him a lot.

I don't think he's the most complete, but he's certainly one of the best.

Goes to the same two techniques over and over on the feet.

Well it's for a variety of reasons, it's actually rather complex...ok that's a lie it's because nobody gives a shit

I don't watch MMA below 145.

Nobody does. I'll honestly will probably call it a night after AA/Mir is over.

you just know this thread will attract all the elitist pricks with their "you're not a real mma fan if you don't watch flyweights" bullshit.

Back