Opinion Why aren't people against universal healthcare against universal education, universal police, etc?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most people can't afford these things in a free market system, without the government providing them or subsidizing them. So, they don't deserve a k-12 education am I right?

If your parents can't afford $20K a year to send you to school, it's not my problem. I'm tired of paying for deadbeats' educations. It pisses me off.[/QUOTE
If your parents can't afford $20K a year to send you to school, it's not my problem. I'm tired of paying for deadbeats' educations. It pisses me off.
How do you feel about Police and Fire Departmen? . Should they be defunded and become solely private and independent contractors who send an invoice and charge a fee only when they provide services rendered to a client who needs their services?

There ain't no such thing as a totally free-market system. That's economics 101.

There ain't no such thing as a totally free-market system. That's economics 101.

Ofcourse its not free, you pay for it every month....

Its good though cause i know im paying to help other fellow citizens to have the option of getting taken care of if they dont have money for private doctor/hospital, and also help myself, ive had multiple surgeries, teeth done, mom recently had ankle surgery, and when times like these come you just go to hospital and its done, and done pretty good i might add ( guess that depends though )...

Paying for healthcare is not a problem for me, it doesnt make me feel bad. Paying 1000$ for a phone, third of money goes directly to Steve Jobs 4th yacht gas tank, third goes to lobbyists, or whoever the fuck, those things make me feel bad... Hence i have a shit phone, but seein other folks specially kids being raised to spend money that way makes me kinda sick...

Who the hell against universal healthcare/police/education? Are there people like this?

A individual’s health is largely their own responsibility, and in turn, the individual has the right to make unhealthy choices and suffer their own consequences. In the US, you have a bunch of irresponsible people who don’t take care of themselves (eg eating crap food, little/no exercise, alcohol, drugs, etc), and with taxpayer funded healthcare these idiots will probably do more of the same (people are more prone to take care of themselves if they are the ones that have to pay (literally and figuratively).

In addition, the costs of healthcare in the US, and the provision of care, are heavily influenced by a mafia -like cartel who have hijacked treatment (see: “best practices”), and I don’t want collusion between government and these organizations beyond what already exists; or do I want our notoriously inefficient government to take the reigns... Not to mention, the medical system in the US is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths every year related to medical error, and increasing access to this literal death machine would most likely increase the number of people harmed by the same.

Ofcourse its not free, you pay for it every month....

Its good though cause i know im paying to help other fellow citizens to have the option of getting taken care of if they dont have money for private doctor/hospital, and also help myself, ive had multiple surgeries, teeth done, mom recently had ankle surgery, and when times like these come you just go to hospital and its done, and done pretty good i might add ( guess that depends though )...

Paying for healthcare is not a problem for me, it doesnt make me feel bad. Paying 1000$ for a phone, third of money goes directly to Steve Jobs 4th yacht gas tank, third goes to lobbyists, or whoever the fuck, those things make me feel bad... Hence i have a shit phone, but seein other folks specially kids being raised to spend money that way makes me kinda sick...
Anyone reading this keep in mind this guy lives in Croatia, and they have a $14K GDP/ capita, compared to our $60K. And what he's describing blows the average American's healthcare standards out of the water.

A individual’s health is largely their own responsibility, and in turn, the individual has the right to make unhealthy choices and suffer their own consequences. In the US, you have a bunch of irresponsible people who don’t take care of themselves (eg eating crap food, little/no exercise, alcohol, drugs, etc), and with taxpayer funded healthcare these idiots will probably do more of the same (people are more prone to take care of themselves if they are the ones that have to pay (literally and figuratively).

In addition, the costs of healthcare in the US, and the provision of care, are heavily influenced by a mafia -like cartel who have hijacked treatment (see: “best practices”), and I don’t want collusion between government and these organizations beyond what already exists; or do I want our notoriously inefficient government to take the reigns... Not to mention, the medical system in the US is responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths every year related to medical error, and increasing access to this literal death machine would most likely increase the number of people harmed by the same.
Yet, many countries with universal coverage have a healthier population, insures everyone while managing to pay half in healthcare costs per capita and have better average outcomes.

Private systems incentives making people sick because that's how they earn money. Or at least they don't care. A single payer one incentives prophylactic care, as there is no, or less, profit margin.

Whatever your feelings are, it doesn't seem like your private system is doing a very good job.

Yeah private health insurance has never fucked anyone over.
I think he was being sarcastic. Hard to tell though.

America doesn't have one police force that does all the policing in America.

Are you braindead? The term universal refers to access to the public. Universal healthcare does not mean we then would have one hospital. We have universal fire department for instance. They are services for everyone.

Back