Why Aren't 'Muscle Ups' Practiced In The Military?

I'm guessing because most people can't do them. At least if we're talking from a dead hang.

Also, I imagine they're more prone to an injury occurring, relative to more conventional exercises.

I don’t know TS. Why would you ask this question and then post a video of a man who doesn’t do a single muscle up? He is barely doing half pull-ups and then using his legs to climb the balconies…

They keep that part of their training a secret. They can't let everyone know all their best moves for fucks' sake.
haha, now we're giving the military the same excuse we gave the shaolin back in the day huh?

There's a fairly high level of activity specific skill required with muscle ups, as well as relatively high injury risk/joint wear for the potential benefits provided and a varying difficulty level based upon body weight.

I wonder if prime Arnold or any other bodybuilders can do them.

Pink belt for gizzy make it happen mods he's been begging for a long while

You can do muscle ups using momentum. I didn't even know I could do it until I youtubed how to do it.

It's mostly momentum and normal dead hang pull ups are far superior in building strength and muscle. And harder (if done correctly.)

You can do muscle ups using momentum. I didn't even know I could do it until I youtubed how to do it.

It's mostly momentum and normal dead hang pull ups are far superior in building strength and muscle. And harder (if done correctly.)
you think its harder to do 20 pullups than 20 muscleups?

You're getting even more momentum compared to kipping pull-ups. I was in the Marine Corps when they stopped allowing kipping for pull-ups during our physical fitness test. Lots of Marines couldn't do half of their old numbers. I did proper dead-hangs the whole time, so I got a good laugh out of it.

Last edited:
you think its harder to do 20 pullups than 20 muscleups?

Think his point was theres no benefit doing muscle ups compared to pull ups.Its more of a skill you learn like some gymnastic movement.

Because dumbasses decide what the military standards are and continue the stupidity through generations.

That's why useless shit like sit ups and push ups hang around for so long and things like a weighted dummy drag or "buddy drag" should take their place, especially for combat personnel.

I'm not saying that a muscle up should be adopted but it makes more sense than a sit up.

Because dumbasses decide what the military standards are and continue the stupidity through generations.

That's why useless shit like sit ups and push ups hang around for so long and things like a weighted dummy drag or "buddy drag" should take their place, especially for combat personnel.

I'm not saying that a muscle up should be adopted but it makes more sense than a sit up.

Push-ups are useless?

Back