Why aren't black eyes more common in MMA?

Female fighters sometimes post photos of their black eyes, and then comment how people act toward them like they are victims of abuse, or people give looks at their male partners as if they are abusers.

Despite getting kicked and punched in the face for a living, its been a long while since I've seen a fighter with a proper shiner. It's usually just cuts, swelling and the occasional bruise around the face but hardly ever a black eye. I wonder why they're so uncommon in MMA, but people seems to always walk away with one of them in street fights.

Plus, your user name is wrong.

diaz1.jpg
Was that from Gomi's hadukan?

Despite getting kicked and punched in the face for a living, its been a long while since I've seen a fighter with a proper shiner. It's usually just cuts, swelling and the occasional bruise around the face but hardly ever a black eye. I wonder why they're so uncommon in MMA, but people seems to always walk away with one of them in street fights.

Most people here are dismissing your question, but I see what you mean. It's like, you'd expect there to be almost a 90% black eye rate after a fight, and it doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm more surprised you don't see significant damage to the back of the head

like in these

pezao.jpg

That's why they wear gloves...

Also rich Franklin

Back