Why are we pretending like Ronda hasn't destroyed BJJ black belts in MMA before?

Ronda is good at judo but judo is a narrow discipline. Take her out of her a game and she is out of her depth. Carmouche dislocated her jaw. This is MMA Nunes is going to beat her head in but when it comes to sub grappling she has the tools to handle anything Ronda can bring, she has high level judo as well.
Nunez does not have high level Judo, and her TDD is was always below average.
Ronda can grapple, but we've all seen what happened the first time she faced someone with actual standup skills.
It's silly to compare Amanda's sloppy feet and hands to the bouncing technically sound world champion boxer in Holly...

It's true, she a top tier grappler in a division full of women with questionable BJJ. She could very well beat Nunes via grappling. But on the other hand, she lacks having diverse takedowns, as we saw in the Holms fight.

What drives your love for Ronda? Her personality really makes her kinda a white trash type of chick.. Someone you'd see in Dollar General. I'd be real interested to know what goes on inside the head of a Ronda fan.

What I like in Rhonda is the same thing I like in the Diaz Boys and Connor . It is the realness of the fight. If any of us were getting in a street fight their would be shit talking before and after the fight. It makes it fun and entertaining and real. As far as white trash, maybe but she has earned over 14 million in her short career that also makes her top 1 percent.

As far as people who think WMMA is not as polished as men's MMA , you are right. I do not personally think men's HWT, or Flyweight are very impressive either. If you do not like it do not watch it.

As I've said repeatedly, Ronda needs the clinch to get the armbar. To get the clinch, she often eats punches. And eating Nunes' punches is a recipe for disaster.

Exactly correct.

I would add that it is very likely that Rousey will also be gunshy about being punched in the face after what happened against Holm.

Not saying Ronda doesn't have a chance, in fact I think it's 50/50 and all depends on Ronda's mental state of how tentative she may or may not be in getting into clinch range.

Is it really that surprising TS? Just look at Sherdog's track record: first Holm was the GOAT and a lock against Tate after her only impressive career performance, then Nunes had nothing for Tate and would just gas and get submitted and now this. Most of this forum predict future fights solely based on the fighters last performance, unless it's some legend or a Diaz brother, then all their recent shitty performances are forgotten and they become credible title threats

Agreed. Everyone knows Sherdog's memory is one fight long.

What drives your love for Ronda? Her personality really makes her kinda a white trash type of chick.. Someone you'd see in Dollar General. I'd be real interested to know what goes on inside the head of a Ronda fan.

I don't know what you mean. I've never patronized this...What did you call it? 'Dollar General?'

I'm betting on Ronda. She's destroyed others like her before and she's a world class athlete and people are taking her not talking as a weakness. I'm the opposite, I think she's focused and gonna tear Nunes apart. We will see but I'm taking RR at -130

Has she submitted a bjj black belt? Serious question I can recall. She (t)ko'd the two women you mentioned. I think Nunes is considerably more dangerous on the feet then either of them. So rousey's best bet is to grapple her, have we seen her in the ground with a bjj black belt before?
Yes. She submitted the lady that submitted Cyborg.

The "she's back" thing and the promos that I've seen make it seem like they're building this on the real Ronda Rousey is back to reclaim her glory. People are saying terrible things about her but for me she brings the intrigue of who's going to win and I wouldn't be suprised if either one of them one. However, you gotta give Amanda credit on her Jiu Jitsu.

I watched a lot of Amanda fights this morning. It appears to me that she likes a take down , top position , GNP, is her preferred style of winning. If your preferred style of fighting requires a clinch then Rhonda is not going to be preferred opponent.

Rhonda has only one loss and that was to a far superior striker . If Nunes had beat that superior striker she would have a strong edge over Rhonda but she beat someone that Rhonda had already beaten twice. Rhonda on the other has blown through 3 of the four people that beat Nunes in 14,16 and 24 seconds. If Old Rhonda shows up it will be a mauling. If Rhonda's head is still out of the game it will be the end of her.

MMAth.

Styles make fights.

It's because Nunes does a number things well, in addition to being a BJJ black belt?

All that means in this fight is she isn't an amateur in grappling. Nunes has other paths to victory, unlike those other mentioned fighters.

Back