Why are we pretending like Ronda hasn't destroyed BJJ black belts in MMA before?

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
BJJ and Japanese JJ blacbelt(Davis), olympic medalist(in McMann), second place in world grappling no gix2(In Tate) and many other types.

But oh no no, lets not stop there "Ronda been beating up soccer moms".. ok lets play along. Those same soccer moms were beating up Nunez through out her career, while Ronda was Tyson'ing away the dev undefeated. and I'm not talking about her losses to davis or cat, but the like of Sarah D'Alelio.. who da fook is that. In terms of raw natural talent starting out? she Amanda was arm barred in the first round in her debut!

I get it though, this is the same as it always was. Some new girls comes along and you guys are drooling on Amanda's sudden improvement. Her streak ranks her as merely the Swanson of the Women's BWs, whom is a great fighter with his own sudden improvment and great streak not too long ago. All respect to him for upsetting a certain korean hype train recently too.

Ironically though, I'd bet on Nunez cause ring rust does exist. Yes, Cruz, your post-fight hyperbole means shit. And it will still be Amanda's biggest challenge so far in her career. Looking forward to a good fight :D

You can make all the long winded threads you want. Fact is, ronda is shook. She's mentally unstable and Nunes is gonna finish what Holly started and end ronda drowsy as we knew her.

#GUERNICAbless

Why are we pretending nunes can stop the takedown?

wmma blackbelts <{Heymansnicker}>

You realize that "WMMA Blackbelts" is the same like comparing the technic of a HW and a BW in the mens league?

Ofc it's a different level, but thats because it's a complete different division. I guess you have no problem watching different weight classes when men are fighting?

You can make all the long winded threads you want. Fact is, ronda is shook. She's mentally unstable and Nunes is gonna finish what Holly started and end ronda drowsy as we knew her.

#GUERNICAbless

You are actually one of few that I can accept talking trash before a fight. Big respect for the eating crow-thread after McGregors last win. I think Ronda will take Nunes arm home but yeah, fuck it. #GUERNICAbless just because you actually man up when you are wrong.

#GUERNICAbless
That's stupid, u didn't read the thread till the end. when I said I'd bet on Nunez.
The thread is exactly about what it's title suggests. That people are pretending Ronda never faced BJJ black belts, or decent grapplers in general.

#GUERNICbum

Your thread title implies Ronda beat several BJJ black belts, but of the three women you mention that she beat, only one is a black belt.

Edit: just confirmed it. Rousey beat 1 BJJ black belt, 1 brown, and a few purples.

Last edited:
Why are we pretending Ronda beat some super elite strikers like lets say Bethe Correia, who is super dangerous on the feet? Ronda fought exactly one good striker and we all know what happened. Chin in the air, sloppy and massively overrated boxing is a very bad combination against Nunes.

Why are we pretending Ronda beat some super elite strikers like lets say Bethe Correia, who is super dangerous on the feet? Ronda fought exactly one good striker and we all know what happened. Chin in the air, sloppy and massively overrated boxing is a very bad combination against Nunes.
Lol @ acting as if Nunes is elite at anything

For WMMA standards she is. If she isnt, than Ronda is also not really elite on the ground because til this day she only looked good against absolute cans.

Is it really that surprising TS? Just look at Sherdog's track record: first Holm was the GOAT and a lock against Tate after her only impressive career performance, then Nunes had nothing for Tate and would just gas and get submitted and now this. Most of this forum predict future fights solely based on the fighters last performance, unless it's some legend or a Diaz brother, then all their recent shitty performances are forgotten and they become credible title threats

Last edited:
Your thread title implies Ronda beat several BJJ black belts, but of the three women you mention that she beat, only one is a black belt.

Edit: just confirmed it. Rousey beat 1 BJJ black belt, 1 brown, and a few purples.

Gomes is a black belt that wasn't mentioned in this thread.

As I've said repeatedly, Ronda needs the clinch to get the armbar. To get the clinch, she often eats punches. And eating Nunes' punches is a recipe for disaster.

BJJ and Japanese JJ blacbelt(Davis), olympic medalist(in McMann), second place in world grappling no gix2(In Tate) and many other types.

But oh no no, lets not stop there "Ronda been beating up soccer moms".. ok lets play along. Those same soccer moms were beating up Nunez through out her career, while Ronda was Tyson'ing away the dev undefeated. and I'm not talking about her losses to davis or cat, but the like of Sarah D'Alelio.. who da fook is that. In terms of raw natural talent starting out? she Amanda was arm barred in the first round in her debut!

I get it though, this is the same as it always was. Some new girls comes along and you guys are drooling on Amanda's sudden improvement. Her streak ranks her as merely the Swanson of the Women's BWs, whom is a great fighter with his own sudden improvment and great streak not too long ago. All respect to him for upsetting a certain korean hype train recently too.

Ironically though, I'd bet on Nunez cause ring rust does exist. Yes, Cruz, your post-fight hyperbole means shit. And it will still be Amanda's biggest challenge so far in her career. Looking forward to a good fight :D

Japanese jiu jitsu is like the most McDojo martial art ever.

Back