Why are we getting Covington vs Lawler again?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Lawler coming off two consecutive losses to a guy in his first UFC fight and another guy Colby beat in his last fight. Colby won the interim belt in his last fight and is on a six fight win streak. Is there an underlying story here? Im not complaining im just wondering as the UFC usually matches up guys coming off of wins and losses together...

ufc wants to shut down colbi

Yeah I thought Robbie and Tyron were having a rematch.

Robbie is an interesting fight for anyone though because he brings the violence.

Seems like they pretty much forced Colby to take the fight, who knows what's going on.

Because they have an ESPN card that needed a headliner

because colby is an alpha male and would rather fight than wait for Usman, also gives colby a good bump with a devastating victory over a household name

Because Colby wants to have the honor of getting his ass handed to him by greatness.

War Robbie.

When is tryone woodley going to get another fight. who is Usman fighting.
im sorry I just dont get excited for 3rd 4th contenders not unless its there first time there.

Lawler coming off two consecutive losses to a guy in his first UFC fight and another guy Colby beat in his last fight. Colby won the interim belt in his last fight and is on a six fight win streak. Is there an underlying story here? Im not complaining im just wondering as the UFC usually matches up guys coming off of wins and losses together...
Usman is injured. Covington could add a legend to his resume or maybe he just wants to fight whether for sporting or monetary incentives. Lawler lost to Askren but his stock didn't go down much. If anything it showed he had a successful recovery from his ACL injury he got in the RDA fight. And the UFC needs main events with all the cards they are putting on.

Covington possibly didn't want to take any other fight other than Lawler and Lawler would never duck anybody. Oh yeah and I hope Robbie takes his soul.

Colby got screwed big time.
He was the interim champ but Marty got the call.
Now this and according to him Jorge will have the next title shot.
Thats probably why so many act like Dana is cool or is their buddy.

Colby had his chance and he turned it down. So now he has to win a fight to get his spot back. I don't see the problem.

Yeah I thought Robbie and Tyron were having a rematch.
They were booked to fight each other I don’t know what happened there.

I think part of why he’s fighting Colby is that most people don’t really consider his fight against Askren a loss. It was an unfortunate result with a lot of controversy that came after he beat the hell out of Askren.

UFC trying to make Lawler great again.

Dana likes to hold a grudge. He's hoping Robbie stops Colby. Dana being Dana. Robbie should've gotten the rematch against Askren but Dana wanted Askren to fight for the title so he gave him the easier matchup (winner of Till vs Masvidal). Glad to see Masvidal give Askren the "Happy Meal" (that was more than a three piece). Also, Usman is injured and Colby probably wants a fight. I would love to see Edwards vs. Masvidal. Looks like they want Masvidal vs. Usman. I think Usman will dominate but you never know and things are changing all the time.

They needed a headliner so they forced Colby to take the fight, knowing what happened last time he turned down a fight and got his title fight taken away. Too many cards so they have to blackmail fighters to take fights now.

Colby got screwed big time.
He was the interim champ but Marty got the call.
Now this and according to him Jorge will have the next title shot.
Thats probably why so many act like Dana is cool or is their buddy.

I think he played his schtick too much behind the cameras and didn't know when to turn it on and off with a sociopath like Dana. Confronting Dana with his girlfriend live on cam didn't help I'm sure.

Back