Why are UFC ppv cards so weak now and what can they do to fix them? (Longer read)

Interesting reply & might be correct
Curious what a fighter thinks
@AJ Garcia
I think it’s very doable. I don’t think guys would want to fight 4 times a year tho for multiple years in a row. Even with juice, guys need a small break and time to spend with your family. Fight camps are so time consuming. If they trained smart I don’t think it would be a problem, but the main issue would be most guys just don’t want to spend that much time training.

I think it’s very doable. I don’t think guys would want to fight 4 times a year tho for multiple years in a row. Even with juice, guys need a small break and time to spend with your family. Fight camps are so time consuming. If they trained smart I don’t think it would be a problem, but the main issue would be most guys just don’t want to spend that much time training.

Thanks
I always though 3x a year was reasonable & an ave of 5 every 2 years (for a minor injury or just to clear head)

Thanks
I always though 3x a year was reasonable & an ave of 5 every 2 years (for a minor injury or just to clear head)
Three is the perfect amount to do imo.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

They need to make a minor league. Weekly minor league cards with new talent, "no names" so to speak. Headlined by a guy on a good streak they want to show case. Have some sort of system like 5 wins = promotion to the major league. This way fans will get exposed to new fighters, see them fight a lot and get to learn a little about them. Basically they'll build stars similar to how they've been doing in Dana White's Contender's Series, except on tv instead of only hardcores seeing it on fight pass.

This will free up more "big name" fighters to stack PPVs. No more having Hunt, Gaethje, etc headline a card filled with no names. PPV's will be filled with all people regular fans will know instead of "who the hell is this guy and why is he on the main card?"

Second I do think they need to reduce the amount of belts. I like more weight classes for the sake of poor guys between weight classes but when there's 500 belts, interim belts, people being crowned and stripped without defending they start to not mean anything.

schedule 3 title fights every card. one will probably not happen so you always have 2. if this requires reducing the amount of PPVs, do it.

also delete the midget divisions or just have one midget card a year. and maybe give them weapons or something.

Some of yall complain, but I want MMA every week, idgaf, give me a fun headliner and have some fun scraps on every card. Have a big card every month and im happy.
Yeah, to me at this point the only truly weak card is one where there isn't a single good fight. Not where there are no "name" fighters.

Then again I don't pay for any cards, so ignore my opinion.

Back