Why are UFC Flyweights Disrespected?

By what metric is the standard low? The flyweight division has some of the most refined skill sets in MMA. Also how seriously would you take a flywieght if you were locked in the cage with them?
wtf is this lazy argument,so by your logic you can`t say your opinion about any fighter because he can beat you up? fuckoff

wtf is this lazy argument,so by your logic you can`t say your opinion about any fighter because he can beat you up? fuckoff
You shouldn't react emotionally to posts on a karate forum. That out of the way, please anwser my questions. By what metric is the standards of the flyweight division low?

And again, you said you don't take midgets seriously, but how seriously would you treat one of these people if you were locked in a cage with them?

You shouldn't react emotionally to posts on a karate forum. That out of the way, please anwser my questions. By what metric is the standards of the flyweight division low?

And again, you said you don't take midgets seriously, but how seriously would you treat one of these people if you were locked in a cage with them?
what metric? the division was about to get closed because it was so bad and boring,zero competition and one king to rule it all.
and how seriously would i treat a midget in the cage? extremely cautious,i`m not training for living.
now can you answer my question? what`s your height?:oops:

what metric? the division was about to get closed because it was so bad and boring,zero competition and one king to rule it all.
and how seriously would i treat a midget in the cage? extremely cautious,i`m not training for living.
now can you answer my question? what`s your height?:oops:
5'11. and I'm asking you by what metric are the standards low? If anything the standards rise significantly the lower in weight you go. It's generally accepted that heavyweights are the least technical of all the weight classes and then that technical ability goes up the lower in weight you go, peaking somewhere around 155-170.

I don't think anyone would argue that the bantamweights are any less skilled or the division any less stacked because the fighters are smaller than the 145s, the 155s, 170 and so on. So why do you believe the standards are lower in the 125lb weight class? Probably because you don't watch it and so you don't know any of the fighters.

More often than not, yes. MMA fighters are not invincible
Why don't you take the advice in the video then? Go to a your nearest MMA gym and tell the smallest fighters there that you don't believe their skill can overcome your size?

I mean, why not?

Why don't you take the advice in the video then? Go to a your nearest MMA gym and tell the smallest fighters there that you don't believe their skill can overcome your size?

I mean, why not?

I thought we were talking about the streets, not gyms?

Casuals don't get that 125 pounders weigh 140-145 in the cage and walk around up to 155.
They themselves weigh fat 225 pounds. So another man weighing 100 pounds less, makes it boring.

5'11. and I'm asking you by what metric are the standards low? If anything the standards rise significantly the lower in weight you go. It's generally accepted that heavyweights are the least technical of all the weight classes and then that technical ability goes up the lower in weight you go, peaking somewhere around 155-170.

I don't think anyone would argue that the bantamweights are any less skilled or the division any less stacked because the fighters are smaller than the 145s, the 155s, 170 and so on. So why do you believe the standards are lower in the 125lb weight class? Probably because you don't watch it and so you don't know any of the fighters.
can you name me some fighters to look out for except figueredo?
thanks

Imagine believing this lmao

lol fuckin losers

Obviously people don’t watch the WNBA because they know they couldn’t beat those broads in 1 on 1. Same with softball and water polo.

Has nothing to do with sheer boredom at all.

<DirkMavs>

Well look at them... they’re all... well... you know... look at them...

5CFA5F7D-39F7-449C-8D65-5A3CA4D9B88A.gif
vop4.gif

I don't know, but the fact that MM has been dropped from many GOAT discussions within the past few years is insane.

If we're literally talking about pound for pound, what's better than a superior wrestler with excellent striking, grappling, speed, submission game, and cardio?

I think people really really miss the point when they say "well the flyweights would easily beat a common presumably untrained person." This promotion is called the "ultimate fighting championship", it's meant to create "ultimate fighting champions", not "untrained fighting champions", understandably some flyweights walk around a bit heavier, but if you had them cut to 125 like they do before each fight and then walk into any MMA gym and fight the local fighters there, they'd get their butts kicked by all the regional fighters at lightweight or higher. How are those "ultimate fighting champions?" At the very least, combine BW and FLY at the heavier weight and you have a deeper division of small folk.

People who like the division like it because of the aesthetic. At such a low weight, wrestling doesn't typically work well, and fighters don't have eraser power, though they have lower force tolerances (if they fought a slightly higher weight their opponents would not have low force tolerances). As a result, the division is primarily boxing, and it's very technical compared to the higher weights, their footwork is faster and their movement is better, which gives the illusion of competency. But a fight between even a flyweight and a technically inferior lightweight would be a miserable beating.
The flyweight champ would destroy the local lw.

cause alpha males like me and fellow sherbros take shits bigger than those lil guys.

Smaller guys and its not as deep of a division as some others. Better than HW and possibly LHW imo.

Back