Why are two translators needed?

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've never seen this before. Paiva speaks to a translator, who then translates to Faber, who translates to English. Why is this necessary? Did the first translator not speak English?

Maybe the guy speaks English but has a thick accent.

I noticed Raulian wanted to say something at the end. Maybe he felt like it was something important and wanted English speaking fans to understand him.

Maybe the guy speaks English but has a thick accent.

I noticed Raulian wanted to say something at the end. Maybe he felt like it was important that English speaking fans got his message.
This is what I was thinking.

If three translators enter a room and one speaks English and French, the second one only speaks French but doesn’t understand English and the third only speaks English but doesn’t understand french who translates to who?

There really wasn't any need for all of that. The other translator could've translated for him but Faber wanted to do it instead. The other translator is translating it to English for Faber in real time.

One is the translator and the other is the massage therapist massaging the translator after he gets stressed out from translating too much.

In case one of the translators gets injured subbed ko’d or dq’d

Maybe the big guy is like the Rosetta Stone of translating. He knows Portuguese and let's say Spanish. ButtChin knows Spanish and English, but not Portuguese.

"It had to be done."
- Conor

I've never seen this before. Paiva speaks to a translator, who then translates to Faber, who translates to English. Why is this necessary? Did the first translator not speak English?

Its just like when Wallid “translates” and adds a bunch of stuff he thinks his fighter should have said lol

DC denying the mic at the end <Lmaoo>

DC treats the microphone like it’s the last Popeyes chicken sandwich.

giphy.gif

Maybe Faber is still in translating training.

Probably because Faber has a huge ego and wants to be relevant in any way possible again

I don't think the other translator was doing any translating for Faber. He was translating English-to-Portuguesw for Paula, then Faber was translating Portuguese-to-English.

Clearly they were doing that because Faber wanted to talk, but some translators are better going one way than the reverse. Without the other guy Faber would have had to actually speak Portuguese, and maybe his speaking isn't on the same level as his understanding.

Yep, this is possible. Or maybe the guy just doesn't feel comfortable speaking English on the mic.
Faber can speak Portuguese just not Favela Portuguese.

<BC1>

imo

meaning Raulian could have a lot of slang in his talk.

Back