1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Why are tickets for TUF 19 Finale so cheap?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by kushn4pushin, May 22, 2014.

1. kushn4pushin

kushn4pushin Yellow Belt

On Ticketmaster the seats up close are averagely $100. Is there a reason for it being so cheap besides not having alot of famous fighters? Or are there going to be fewer fights than usual on that card?

2. CountOfSoCal

CountOfSoCal Black Belt

Two events back to back, plus the fan expo. They're probably not expecting consumers to break the bank to go to all 3, so they lowered the price of the finale tickets.

3. BionicCommando

BionicCommando Silver Belt

Finale tickets are normally cheap to be honest. Also they maybe they brokered a deal with the venue for the back to back nights. Even with BJ and Edgar likely commanding big pay days for the card, you'd assume they'll make enough money on the expo and at 175 to still do well.

4. clear31

clear31 Green Belt

They are doing everything they can to make sure Jwoww and frankie edgars other friends from the shore dont go to the event. Sell the seats cheap and the seats are taken, so now they cant be in attendance

5. Dropkick Murphy

Dropkick Murphy Orange Belt

Because tuf is lame and should just stop

6. MCarpo

MCarpo Green Belt

I was in Las Vegas the same weekend they had the TUF Season 12 finale (December 2010), so I looked at tickets, thinking they'd be cheap (with no big-name fighters on the card). The cheapest seats were $250, so needless to say I skipped it. Anyway, I think this is probably the norm, so I'm not so sure about finale tickets normally being cheaper. Though I do agree with you that they agreed to take less money for this event, knowing they'd clean up elsewhere during the weekend.

7. BionicCommando

BionicCommando Silver Belt

Friend of mine got TUF 16 Finale tickets for like 80 bucks which is normally what tickets come out to at least these days. The average ticket price for a finale is much lower, especially out of the boom era.

8. erin19

erin19 Blue Belt

Christ, ufc tickets are so over priced that now fools think $100 for an average card is a bargain. Wake up fellas

9. CountOfSoCal

CountOfSoCal Black Belt

There's been a TUF fighter in a title fight for 9 straight years. Since the UFC started it. That, and it's still producing top 15 fighters.