Why are these athletes not getting arrested for drugs?!

It's 2015, people don't get arrested for using drugs. People get arrested for possession of big amounts of drugs.

Laws are in place against possession, not use. Although i never understood the difference...use is proof of possession at some point. However, the law clearly allows for failed drug screens. So there is why they dont get arrested.

It's not illegal to do drugs.

It's illegal to be in possession of drugs.

I know, I know. Use is proof of possession, but that's not really how people are prosecuted. However, if you get pulled over for DWI, there can be extra charges tacked on for possession.

I got arrested for public intoxication and underage possession of alcohol when I was 19. It took my brain quite a while to process the second charge. I wasn't in possession of alcohol at the time of the arrest. But they could still charge me because it was in my system.

It's not illegal to do drugs.

It's illegal to be in possession of drugs.

I know, I know. Use is proof of possession, but that's not really how people are prosecuted. However, if you get pulled over for DWI, there can be extra charges tacked on for possession.

I got arrested for public intoxication and underage possession of alcohol when I was 19. It took my brain quite a while to process the second charge. I wasn't in possession of alcohol at the time of the arrest. But they could still charge me because it was in my system.

It's so ridiculous that an adult can't drink in the US. It's about everywhere 18 and in many places 16 and I have never heard about cops raiding any private parties where underage drinking takes place outside the US everywhere else as long as you aren#t dead drunk stumbling around on the street you won't get in trouble (legally) if youd rink even if you are 14.
It's so ridiculous. They can't drink under 21 in the US but when they do they can't control themselves and binge on alcohol the whole thing is insane

Back